Can you please share with me your stories on RA and the Sleeve

cherries10
on 2/25/12 1:19 am
I am scheduled to have surgery on March 9, 2012.  I have been weighting to have the done for a long while now.  I have been overweight for about 6 years now.  I have high blood pressure and a hiatal hernia which has made my life miserable. 

I was diagnosed with RA about 3 months ago.  So this is all new to me.  I am not concerned about the surgery itself.  I am concerned about the internal changes and the affects it may have on my body long term.  I am currently taking Methotrexate.  The Dr. says that right now my RA is mild and we caught it early enough to treat it.

I have been reading some stories posted here.  I am VERY nervous now about my upcoming surgery and was wondering if people would mind sharing their experiences with RA and the sleeve, if you have already had this surgery.  Thank you in advance for you help.
Superfreaky
on 3/11/12 1:20 am
 Hi,

I am too late as you have already had your surgery but I will share my GB experience.  I am over one year out and I have severe RA.  I am glad that you caught your RA early, wish I had.  However, I have lost 140 pounds from my highest weight and am now able to exercise and this has vastly improved my condition.  Losing weight will not cure RA but it will go a long way in helping you feel your best.  Hope you are doing well.
dlp5510
on 3/18/12 1:08 pm - Houston, TX
 I am also late but haven't been on the OH site in a log time.  I am 16.5 mos. out and have both RA and Lupus.  I've been on methotrexate for a few years now and just started Enbrel a few weeks ago. I have not noticed any major changes since my VSG except that minus 105 pounds, I feel better.  I still experience pain but I'm a much happier and a more confident person.  I have noticed that I heal alot slower than the normal individual.  I am researching plastic surgery for the Fall and know it be will a long recovery, once again.  Good luck to you.
Dana
Dana   
For I know the plans I have for you, Declares the Lord...Jeremiah 29:11
I have the strength to face all conditions through Christ Jesus...Philippians 4:13 

lisa2job
on 8/18/12 10:14 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
Hello

I also take methrtraxate and was wondering have you had any side effects with it in the VSG ?  surgery is scheduled sept 9th
Joann3333
on 4/17/12 1:42 pm - PA
i hope that u feel better ...as ever joann collier....
Joann3333
on 4/17/12 1:44 pm - PA
dana from teexas im so sorry that u are sick but i hope that u will feel better soon ill ;pray for u ...joann 3333   god bless u
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 101 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2337 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3543 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4807 views