Cortisone Shots

Joan B.
on 3/16/04 1:09 am - Ransomville, NY
I went to a surgeon yesterday for a second opinion on my knee and he gave me a cortisone shot. My question is how long should it take to feel some relief? I have been told everything from immediate to several days. He believes I do have a meniscus tear besides the arthritis and if the cortisone shot doesn't work then he said I will have to have arthroscopic surgery. I go back to see him in 6 weeks or sooner if the knee doesn't improve but so far it doesn't feel any better. I am anxious to get this taken care of so I can get back to work! Too bad the first surgeon couldn't get past my weight and actually do something to help me! I would just like to know how long cortisone shots have taken to work for someone else! Thanks...
gail M.
on 3/21/04 11:25 am - MN
hi joan, i just came across this forum and am glad its here. i need to have a knee replaced due to injury/arthritis and have had 2 cortisone shots and the series of 3 hyalgons. the first cortisone shot gave me almost immediate relief that lasted 8 months; the second was half as successful. the hyalgon did nothing......i am hoping the wls will help me stave off the knee replacement surgery. gail
Joan B.
on 3/30/04 10:34 am - Ransomville, NY
Well I never did get any relief from the cortisone shot. Wait that isn't entirely true....the swelling did go down for about a week...but it is swelling again now. The surgeon is on vacation so I don't see him until April 22. I just hope he does something....like schedule surgery if that is what he is going to end up doing anyway....I just want this problem fixed once and for all! I had my consult with the WL Surgeon today and so I have that ball rolling! I see the psychiatrist on May 10. I am waiting to hear back from the nutritionist. I need to get the knee fixed soon so it doesn't mess things up for me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 101 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2337 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3543 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4807 views