voltaren

gail M.
on 3/22/04 4:11 am - MN
i was switched from vioxx to voltaren a few months ago and really think its better for the pain, etc. does anyone know if i'd still be able to take it after r n y ??
Grace L.
on 4/13/04 11:39 am - Monrovia, CA
Well I am going to have WLS at UCLA if they can ever get their act together. However, I have gone to the preoperative classes and they are very emphatic about ANY NSAID including aspirin. As in NEVER CAN TAKE IT AGAIN! I am not sure how I feel about that. I know my OA hurts like bloody hell when I don't take my Vioxx. And I happen to know a number of folks who have had their surgeries done at Methodist Hospital in Arcadia, CA and that particular group of docs has said to one gal anyway wait until you are completely healed and then take Vioxx and Pepcid with your lunch. That sounds sensible to me. Arthritis doesn't go away just because you lose weight, just doesn't hurt quite as much at times. Soooo, I'm gonna have to have a chat with a rheumatologist/pain management type person. As soon as I get a date from UCLA I will have to stop taking the Vioxx until after the surgery which means I will be taking more narcotic pain medication...I have to take both in order to have a quality of life. Soooo, I don't know if I have given you hope or not. There is a very interesting pain management board at Harvard Medical School Neurological Forum. You might learn something juicy there. Good luck Grace
Vicki M.
on 5/5/04 5:17 am - Brandenburg, KY
Hi, From what my surgeon told me, that answer would be no! I'm not allowed to take any form of anti inflammatories, or steroids, or asprin. I'm 17 months out, 136 pounds down, and I just found a pain doc. to help me deal with the arthritis. I'm thankful that I've had the RNY, but it's hell treating things afterwards. I wish you luck. Vicki
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 108 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2346 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3551 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4815 views