Gout...Anyone Have It?

Sweet Cheeks L.
on 5/6/04 6:30 pm - mi
Hi, I am waiting for Insurance Approval, (RNY) and therefore do not yet have a date. I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem with Gout? I am hoping after the surgery, and get my weight down, it will calm down a bit. I believe I have had it for quite awhile, and just didn't know it. With every pound I gain, it gets worse. I was told that Gout is the first step to Arthritis. The doctor prescribed 30mg a day of allopurinol, and it helps, but boy is it still there. My toes sometimes are almost unbearable. I am just hoping someone out there has had my problem, and can give me some insite.....Thanks, Judy
erin o
on 5/8/04 4:50 am - MOORPARK, CA
My husband gets this every once in a while.We have found limiting beans and white wine helps also.They gave him vioxx which helped.His luckily is not chronic.Has the doctor done a test to see how much uric acid is in your blood?? Erin
Sweet Cheeks L.
on 5/8/04 8:45 am - mi
She did take a blood test, but I didn't ask her how it came out. Yesterday she ordered me some indocine. Much much better. Still there but hopefully by Monday, it will be almost gone. Thanks for assisting. Judy
Lynne N.
on 7/3/04 6:05 pm - Niagara Falls, NY
I have had gouty arthritis for several years. The only time I get an attack is if I overeat protein like red meat, shrimp, etc. When I am trying to stay on any kind of dieting effort, I have no pain. It's like "everything in moderation" works. I can eat a "normal person" portion of meat or seafood, but "MY normal" portion will kick in with gout and is it ever painful! Try limiting protein. Lynne
Skydancer
on 5/29/05 1:48 pm - Tuscaloosa, AL
first first diagnosis was gout. However, my rheumatologist told me that women do not generally get gout. If I were you, I would get a second opinion. After nearly three years of going progressively losing my mobility, I finally went to a rheumatologist...he immediately put me on proper medication and I was pretty much without pain and greatly increased mobility within a few days. I would definitely get another opinion.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 101 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2338 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3543 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4807 views