Question on X-Ray

CuteDonna
on 10/20/04 8:34 am - Effort, PA
I know I have Arthritis or start of it in my right knee but my left knee starting getting painful and stiff after being on it for a couple of hours to the point of limping. My PCP did an X-Ray and said she don't see much of a change in that knee at all. I'm on BEXTRA right now which is helping. My question is this. Are there are tests that can be run to find the cause beside an X-ray? Donna
mspisces
on 10/25/04 6:27 pm - Somewhere, AL
I have had MRI, CAT SCAN, Bone scan done to see how progressive my RA is.
Cheri A.
on 11/10/04 8:55 am - Garland, TX
Since an x-ray didn't show anything, ask your doctor about a blood or urine test. My family physician is the one who discovered I had RA. She's also treating me for type 2 diabetes. They took both a urine specimen and a blood sample and I'm not sure which one was for RA, but when I went for a follow-up with her the test results said my rheumatoid factor was 300+. If she hadn't done that I'd probably still be living in pain. (She's the one who sent me to a rheumatologist). Good luck sweetie -- and I hope you find out what it is so they can treat it!!!
judy W.
on 5/13/05 6:58 am - De Soto, IL
Donna...........if it's a soft tissue injury, damaged muscle, tendon, or ligament, it won't show on x-ray. At the very least I'd ask for an MRI. My FORMER pcp did an x-ray on my shoulder and said nothing was wrong. Having already had a rotator cuff tear on my right shoulder, I KNEW what was wrong and demanded an MRI. Guess what! I had surgry to repair the rotator cuff tear about two weeks later. Take responsibility for your own healthcare, my friend, you're the one that knows your body the best! Don't let them blow you off. Good luck.....Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 101 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2337 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3543 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4807 views