Hello Everyone!!!!

deelight152
on 2/1/05 1:23 pm - Down South, IL
My name deliah I have a beautiful son who is in the autism spectrum. We still are testing to see where he is. I live near st louis and have had very hard time getting a doctor to really sit down and evaluate him. I have called everywhere even ohio! Thank the lord that childrens hospital in chicago is wanting to help!! We are going to have testing done for the next 3 weeks in chicago. It is worth it I have been trying to get this done since he was a little over 1 He is almost 5. I will post more later.
AUTISM M.
on 2/2/05 2:25 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Deliah, Im so sorry to hear that you have got such a run around. Sad part is I hear this so much from many many parents. You would think these doctors would listen to us. You know after all we are the parents. I hope you find out more in Chicago!! It sad that you have to travel that far just to find out!!!! Please let us know how things go!!! Hugs Kristin
deelight152
on 2/2/05 1:44 pm - Down South, IL
thanks for the encouraging words!! I fell deep down inside that my sons autism is my fault and I too have the extream guilt. I feel this is why the weight just keeps getting more and more. I know alot of people say its not your fault but I feel this way and I am trying to over come that. This was a huge step for me to say it out loud (well write it) I have never told anyone not even my husband although I think he blames me as well. I know the past is the past and I have to keep up with the future. I have to get healthy and stay motivated for my children exspecially nicholas. He needs me even more then anyone else. ok I am sorry for unloading this burdon but maybe now I will face it and overcome it so I can be healthy inside and out.
AUTISM M.
on 2/2/05 9:01 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Oh it's soooo not your fault that he has Autism. PLEASE don't think that at all. So many things come into play with autism. I also know about the pain , when my daughter was dx with Autism about two years ago all I did was eat and eat and eat. I lost all self control. The pain is worse than any pain I had ever felt. By the time I noticed I had a real problem was when I got back up to 392 pounds. I could not play with my kids, go for walks ect. I had to save myself as well as save my family. This is a message board where we can talk about Autism, weight ect. Others don't know what we have to deal with!!!! How old is your son? I hope that things go well with you, and surgery. It's not easy to deal with both at first, but oh it's sooooo worth it. I still have days when it's crazy around here that I want to just eat to take away the pain stress ect. Hugs!!! Kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics
advice
Erica Perez · 1 replies · 327 views
Autism Walk of Hope
ScoutMom14 · 0 replies · 797 views
Aspergers Diagnosis
Dixie Chick · 2 replies · 727 views
Hev-b Proteins and Autism
mdochniak · 0 replies · 370 views