First post-op ride on Day 18!

John White
on 8/10/06 3:02 am - CA
I thought I was going to wait until 4-6 weeks post-op to get back on the bike, but Katherine A. inspired me with her 2 day post-op boast. I had a lap Fobi g.b., and my incisions are all scabbed (and the scabs are falling off). I thought my gastronomy tube site would be the least healed as I only had it out on day 10 but it's fine. It's the site of my J-P drain that is just a tiny bit sore when I put pressure on it. I seem to have lost the chest-strap portion of my heartrate monitor, which is dissapointing. I had it in my car, then brought it in last night (I thought). Couldn't find it in the morning. Hope I didn't leave it on top of my car overnight then drive off with it there in the morning. Held around an 80 cadence on the way out and about 76 on the way back. Felt awesome!!! Really suprised myself. Cycling mentor kept riding up and telling me to slow down below 15mph. I guess I'm over 30 pounds lighter than my last ride, so I shouldn't be so suprised, but there's a difference between knowing something abstractly and seeing it applied in my own body. Felt the difference on every single underpass along the Santa Ana river trail. Normally I'd end up riding up at my lowest gear really slowly, but this time I was able to keep a lot of speed on the uphill portions. About 3/4 mile from the Yorba Linda Regional park (where I stage), there's the tiniest little uphill portion that normally kills me. Today I was able to maintain 15mph all the way up. Yay me!
John White
on 8/11/06 6:25 am - CA
10.8 miles, by the way. And found my heartrate monitor strap in the back seat of my car. Awesome.
Katherine A.
on 8/29/06 2:21 am - Klein, TX
sooo very kewl... my dh left his heartrate strap on my stationary bike. ;) he pedals to work each day. I like the http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ my husband uses it every week. I just wish that there was a reverse tool where I could turn it on the bike, explore, and then download the map of where I have been. I am more of a Lewis & Clark kinda girl, explore and then map, instead of plan, map, explore. great going on your trekking!
Most Active
Recent Topics
MS 150 Anyone?
donnainhouston · 0 replies · 333 views
Just found this place!
donnainhouston · 0 replies · 305 views
first time out after surgery
ladydino · 4 replies · 521 views
Day 78 Ride (10/8/2006)
John White · 0 replies · 350 views
Day 73 Ride (10/4/2006)
John White · 2 replies · 427 views