Hi Everybody, I'm New to the board...and ladies, whats really the deal w/hair loss?

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 12:26 pm - Toledo, OH
Hi MsNicci!!!! Welcome!  
I lost a lot of hair and finally had to cut it short.  I want to grow it out so badly now, but some of it has not come back and not likely that it will.  It is not all that bad.  I think I am the only one who notices.
Most others I know have not lost much.  I think that just because my hair was already fine it made it a lot more problematic.  
Best of luck to you!!
LiL-Ray78
on 12/3/08 12:39 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Hello.

I haven't lost much, about 6 months before surgery I stop getting relaxers.  I just went to the shop to get deep conditioning and pressed.  I have long hair so I was really worried.  I got a relaxer about 6 months after surgery.  So far its been okay, a little shedding but nothing I can't handle.  I want to get it cut but that would be a big step. 

Ms Robyn
on 12/3/08 1:56 pm - North, TX
Welcome to BAF  Ms Nicci

Your Ticker:

Roxy2974
on 12/3/08 4:16 pm - Austell, GA
WELCOME!!!
Well, I just cut off my perm and allowing my hair to grow naturally, I hope I don't loose any hair but hey.. Peachy can hook me up with a lace front...lol...
Faith *
on 12/3/08 7:15 pm
Welcome to the BAFamily.   I had Lapband surgery and I have not exeperienced any hair loss.   In fact it has been the opposite, my hair has grown. 

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

MsNicci
on 12/3/08 8:46 pm
Hi Faith!  What part of LA are you from?  Im from NOLA.  Congrats on your sucess with the Lap Band.  You look awesome.  I was thinking about the Lap at first, but decided that I have too much weight to loose (165 pounds) and Lap RnY would be better.  Thanks for the reply.
Faith *
on 12/3/08 9:02 pm

Thanks MsNicci! I am from Southwest Louisiana. I am about 4.5 hours west of NOLA.  I was just there this past weekend to celebrate my youngest son's 16th birthday.  My sons and I went to the Bayou Classic at the Superdome.  Lessez bon temps roulez!

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

Jus ChanJ N ME
on 12/3/08 7:40 pm
Hi...Welcome to the family.

In my opinion Beachbody has THE very best weight loss products around.  Would you like to join me on my P90X Journey? Please click the link below to Join My Team or to learn more about the products: 

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/juschanjnme

MsNicci
on 12/3/08 8:48 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody!
hershey dream
on 12/4/08 1:20 am - Duluth, GA
I had some shedding, but nothing major.  I use the 5mg of Biotin, a good protein based shampoo, cholesterol conditioner, and kept up with my vitamin/water/protein intake.
Life is not about making it through the storm....but learning how to dance in the rain.      
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 188 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1131 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2022 views