Hey ya'll (Brother needs a HUG)!!

BroDiamond
on 12/4/08 6:35 am - New Haven, CT
    I just need some encouragement from my BAF family, I went to my WLS and got into a big fight with his (wife) nurse who accused me of being a liar and began yelling at me like I was a kid because I have gained 38 lbs. I explained to her that I have not been to the gym on a regular basis but I am very active at work, I also told her that I am not the perfect Weight Loss patient and I am here because I need help. She just flipped out on me and I had to tell that mutha fucka off (I am hot like fish grease), she told me that I am just waisting her time and that I am blaming others for my failure at this weight loss thing, she even accused me of missing my upper G.I. ( she gave me the results) and missing appointments (missed one because of an arrest I made).

I am just so pissed because I have been to her 20 times and told her that my weight loss stopped at 8 months (even though I was at the gym daily) and they said it was my fault ( I was even just doing all liquids). She said that all I want them to do is do the surgery again and they will don't do revisions, I explained all I wanted was some help, a lil support (thats what they said when they would give when they wanted my Insurance money) and she said just get another opinion. Also said that the Doc (her husband) did not want to see me anymore.

The sad part is when she dissed my wife and the other folks I was like maybe it was a big misunderstanding but now I am like damn I was wrong.

Ok Luv yall, gotta get back to slaving (work) any suggestions???
mstanyat
on 12/4/08 6:47 am
wow  i hate to hear that happened to you. Maybe it's for the better. I would not want to keep seeing him with her in the office. you need a surgeon that will hear you out and help you with the fact that you stop losin after eight months.. Looks like all they want is to do the surgery and get paid, they dont care anything about post op care!

Highest weight 302...Current weight...183
an official member of "The Onederland Club"

Stacee Y.
on 12/4/08 6:48 am - Florissant, MO
awwwwww sending hugs your way....i would just say you need to find another doc...she is really wrong for that!

BEFORE        NOW

lana203
on 12/4/08 7:16 am - Detroit, MI

I don't even know what to say on this one so I'll just show you love and sigh.....

Hondurian Queen
on 12/4/08 7:32 am - BOSTON, MA

BRO DIAMOND I AM SO SORRY THAT HAPPENED TO YOU YES YOU SHOULD FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR BUT REPORT THERE ASSES TO THE MEDICAL BOARD BECAUSE THIS IS NOT HOW YOU DEAL WITH A PATIENT I KNOW BECAUSE I WORK IN THE HOPITAL AND ALSO BECAUSE  I HAVE REPORTED A DOCTOR BEFORE FOR BEING JUST PLAIN RUDE WHEN HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN HELPING ME SINCE I WAS HIS PATIENT  YOU WILL LOSE THAT 38 LBS HAVE FAITH YOU CAN DO IT

LadyJwb
on 12/4/08 7:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
(((BD))) i'm hotter then fish grease reading about this! The nerve of that heffa I would get to letter written starting with your insurance company letting them know how your where treated as well as the section on OH where you leave comment about the surgeon (B@#$!). I do agree that you should get a 2nd opion and maybe there is something a nother/better surgeon in your area can do to help you. Again big (((hug))).

BroDiamond
on 12/4/08 7:42 am - New Haven, CT
Thanks Family, I am just gonna find someone else, the crazy part is after 8 months I just didnt feel like I was loosing and all I kept hearing was "its just in your head".   I still eat like a 10 year old, so I am trying to track down my old co-worker who is a trainer to help me also.
ShayZ
on 12/4/08 8:01 am - Somewhere, TX

Take a deep breath, pray and then follow her instructions (sometimes God uses the most unlikely sources) go get a second opinion and leave them be.  Get your medical records yourself; do not trust them to send them over and then make a copy of them.  Start keeping a WLS journal (this is the do as I say; not as I do part of the post) and show the next doc.  This is your health, your life and your MONEY.  If they want the last part they will act right!  If not, keep it movin.

this is because you need it.
this is b/c you didn't beat the b's butt!
 this is dedicated to the you hiding up in there

God Bless

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 9:34 am
I'm sorry you're not getting the support you need at your Dr's office. Rather than continue to stress yourselff out and not get the support that is so important now is a good time to get a copy of your medical reccords and find a new physician.

I would also no longer have any further contact with the wife (Nurse). If there is an office manager I would ddefinately make him/her aware of your last visit. As someone that works in healthcare and has worked with some Dr/spouse combos you would be suprised that alot of times the professional side of the Dr takes over.

Wishing you the best!
pokerchips
on 12/4/08 9:49 am, edited 12/4/08 9:52 am
First of all don't claim the blame she is trying to insist that you own.

Are there any WLS support groups in your area that you can attend? Most support groups are connected to a physicians medical practice so if you find a good group maybe you will find a new surgeon to follow you.  But remember the nurse cannot speak for the doctor.  If he tells you not to return report his ass!

I know you want to get a handle on the weight gain as soon as possible so don't let the nurse's negative energy weigh you down.  Report their practice and move on. Get back to the gym or get a personal trainer to jumpstart the weightloss again.

I've got to use that hotter than fish grease line :) Peace & Blessing to ya.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 182 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1127 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2013 views