Khaliha
on 3/27/11 3:33 pm - San Diego, CA
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this and looking forward to having additional support from those who are going through the same process as myself. I just completed my 6mos supervised requirement and will be meeting with the surgeon on April 7th. I am super excited, but  nervous at the same time. Any words of wisdom.
LEE
on 3/28/11 12:37 am
It is perfectly normal to be nerveous about your upcoming surgery,  but it is totally worth it because it will change your life and it's up to you to make sure you work with it to become successful and stay successful by not regaining weight like many of us have done.
Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
dstgirl2000
on 3/28/11 12:45 am

Hi Khaliha, and welcome to BAFam.....  I'm sure we all were nervous at the onset of this process.  I know I was.  But after going through the beginning of this, I'm sure you've done your research and have made the best decision for your health.  Like Lee said, take advantage of this opportunity and stay deligent with your program to optimize on all that it can offer.  It will be the key to how successful you are overall.  It's not a perfect or easy fix, but it can be a masterful tool in managing weight.

Best wishes on your procedure.

J

MSW will not settle
on 3/30/11 1:28 am
Nervous and exited is as it should be.  Congrats on clearing another hurdle.  As for words of wisdom, well basically I'm a dumb @$$, lol.  But, I will tell you to follow your pre and post op instrucions to the letter.  If you are uncertain about anything ask over and over and over untill you get it.  If you have serious doubts, postpone your surgery date.  Start exercising to your ability right now unless your medical team says not to.  Do not do the last meal pigout thing.  Eat with reason from now until your procedure.  The food will be there next year and the year after ant the year after... 

Welcome.  Come back and post often.  You can be accountable as a pre op and even a no and never will be op. 
Khaliha
on 4/6/11 3:13 pm - San Diego, CA
LOL!..Thanks for that advice. Truth be told I haven't been following everything to the T, so I guess I could be a dumb @ss too, but I'm slowly getting there. I just have no motivation right now to excercise and I know that is the key..But I hear you.. the food will be there!!
Khaliha
on 4/6/11 3:18 pm - San Diego, CA
News update, The surgeon rescheduled my appt to April 19th, ugh what a bummer. So i decided to schedule myself with another surgeon. yeah!! Either way I guess I can see who i can relate to better. Thanks everyone. Keep up the good work. TTYS
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 197 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1141 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2040 views