My people My people ... I didn't even know this forum existed ...lol

Sunny702
on 8/12/11 6:37 am - Las Vegas, NV
Heeeey FAM!! I am having my surgery next week (VSG) and I'm SUPER excited!! I'm excited about FINALLY losing this weight. However ... I'm scared to lose too much weight. I know that sounds weird since I'm obese and all but ... I still want to be "thick". I've gained HELLA weight over the last 6 years which has gotten me to where I am today. I used to be thick in all the right places and i was HAPPY at that size. As I've gained weight I obviously have gone waaaay past the "thick" description but hey ... I'm STILL using it! LOL 
Anywho ... as I look at the height/weight charts I see what I'm "supp posed" to weigh and I can't remember EVER being that weight nor do I want to be that size. I was very HAPPY at my weight back then ... which technically still made me overweight.

So as I embark on this journey I'm scared to loose too much. I have no desire to be "skinny". Plus I'm scared of the loose skin. I just don't want to lose this weight and be all saggy. I still wanna be "thick to death" lol Maybe my feelings will totally change once I actually start losing this weight??? 

Does anyone else understand where I'm coming from??? 
MSW will not settle
on 8/12/11 8:03 am, edited 8/12/11 8:13 am
A Warm Welcome to You! 

A lot of people talk about fear of loosing too much weight.  That's the least of your issues.  Focus on nutrition, health, change in habits, resolution of dysfunctional eating behavior and adhering to plan so that you actually reach your goal weight and maintain it for life.  Insufficient weight lost and managing you expectations to ensure they are realistc in my opinion are greater concerns. 

There's nothing wrong with being thick if you are healthy and not overfat.  (Body fat % vs weight.) 
However, even thick there will be some measure of loose skin.  It simply can't be avoided after significant weight loss.  Hopefully it will be minor and not noticable. 

Medically success is defined as loosing 50-65% of the excess weight depending on the source.  Many docs expect 80% lost even if they do not give you a goal weight per say.  That 20% above a normal bmi is plenty extra weight for most people. 

Virtually any weight loss will improve your health; but, keeping excess fat should only be retained if you can be thick without causing a longer term return to weight related issues with ageing.  Thats just my not so humble opinion.  Soap box back under bed now. 

Come back daily and post often.  Its never too soon to start holding yourself accountable (see regular thread Hold My Feet to the Fire).  Pre ops, no ops, and never gonna be ops are welcome as well as vets, newbie's and tweens like me.
  Also check out the vsg board and the August 2011 surgery boards if you have not already found them.  It took five plus years before I noticed there was more than the main board and chatroom.  Silly me. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

MIDDLE MAN
on 8/18/11 1:49 am - GA
NAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ JACK!! SUPP MSW

ATL STAND UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEIZE THE MOMENT!!  LIGHTS , CAMERA , ACTION
                                                     125 TOTAL LOST

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 197 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1141 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2040 views