Help! Itchy Skin

Nee000
on 8/14/11 8:20 am - MI
Did anyone experience skin changes after surgery?  Although I lotion up every morning, I feel so itchy.  Especially on my back, the hardest place to reach.  I am even experiencing break-out on my face.  I plan to make an appt with the dermatologist, but it usually takes 30 days.
MSW will not settle
on 8/14/11 10:32 am, edited 8/14/11 10:32 am
For the body:
This home made scrub should make your skin feel a little better.  It will slough dead skin and smooth and condition your skin. ( Of course the reason for your itching will determine the cure.)  Excess skin is a fact of significant weight loss but when I use this daily my skin feels more firm and appears smoother in spite of the looseness.  

One full container of non iodized sea salt; 
a plain vegatble oil like canola, soybean or a blended oil; optional, a pure essential oil for fragrance (I use Now brand.).  

Pour the entire container of salt into a 12-16oz jar/container.  If you choose add a few drops of essential oil to a pint of the vegetable oil.  Cover the salt with the oil.  It will be absorbed in about 30 min or so.  Keep adding oil until the salt is completely saturated.  Any excess oil will float on top and can be poured off for your next batch.  There's no harm in leaving the oil.

To use, shower with a mild moisturizing soap and thoroughly rinse.  Turn off the water.  Apply the salt scrub to your soaking wet skin rubbing the grainy oil from feet to neck.  When done rinse in warm water leaving the layer of oil on your body.  Gently pat your skin dry, do not rub.  Follow with a healing creamy moisturizer like Heel Rescue Cream (a hughe pump jar is under $6 and usually comes with a use now $1 cupon) or pure raw shea butter.  Your skin will not be greasy as the oil and cream/ shea butter are easily absorbed and seal in moisture.   

For the face:
Oil washing sounds counter intuitive for breakouts but it worked for me when a medication started 
sprouting scarring acne all over my face.  A BAFer with beautiful skin passed this on to me.  In between treatments she washes her face with plain warm water.   

The Oil Cleansing Method   

Nothing is right for everyone.  However, since I started doing this, the biore pore cleansing strips come off as clean as they went on.        

Hopefully this will help.  I suspect your issue is systemic given its happening all over.  However, conditioning the skin should give you some relief.  Good luck.  

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Nee000
on 8/15/11 6:51 am - MI

Thanks, I will definitely try the scrub.  I like the fact that its al natural and that its made of everyday items.

mel1964
on 8/15/11 4:11 am
also check your vit levels, and it also could be good old hormones being dumped, when i first had surgery, i broke out like i was a teen again! i started taking all my vits including zinc and selenium and the break outs stopped.

Nee000
on 8/15/11 6:55 am - MI

Fortunately, I recently had my blood drawn and my vitamin levels are fine.  Did you take the zinc & selenium separate from your multi-vitiman? 

M_Lashaun
on 8/15/11 5:22 am
Are you drinking enough water? It could be dehydration too. Happens to me when I dont get enough in for a while.
Nee000
on 8/15/11 6:58 am - MI

I get my 64 oz of fluid, but I probably do need to increase my plain water intake as I usually drink it mixed with crystal light / iced tea.  Um gonna work on getting more water in. Thanks

mel1964
on 8/16/11 4:03 am
I take zinc and selenium seperately in addition to my multivitamin and other vits.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 197 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1141 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2039 views