considering2012
on 5/8/12 12:13 pm
Hi,

Tomorrow morning is my first consult with a bariatric surgeon. I am considering the sleeve procedure. I have a list of questions for her but I wanted to get some input from those of you who have been there as to questions that I should be asking. Although I feel my list of questions is exhaustive, I want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Are there questions that any of you would recommend asking in these opening stages?

Thanks
Thicklin
on 5/8/12 9:58 pm - TN
VSG on 04/23/12

Greetings,

I was sleeved on April 23rd...I researched for almost two years before I even had my first appt. So pretty much all my questions was resolved. My thing was what my insurance requirements. Sorry this is not much help.

I'm sure that one of our BAFVets will check in soon and answer you question for ya. I wish you nothing but the best and good luck!

I love my sleeve:)

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/12 10:32 pm
On May 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM Pacific Time, considering2012 wrote:
Hi,

Tomorrow morning is my first consult with a bariatric surgeon. I am considering the sleeve procedure. I have a list of questions for her but I wanted to get some input from those of you who have been there as to questions that I should be asking. Although I feel my list of questions is exhaustive, I want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Are there questions that any of you would recommend asking in these opening stages?

Thanks
 Welcome !!!!!! Best wishes
dstgirl2000
on 5/9/12 12:33 am
Hi Considering2012..........And welcome to the BAFam!  Im a RNYer, not sleeved, but I did want to welcome you and wish you well with your questions!

Welcome to the fam!!

JJ

1Haute Diva
on 5/9/12 12:25 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
Welcome. I too am a RNYer so I guess I wouldn't have been much help anyway but I wanted to welcome you anyway
- Shaw

MSW will not settle
on 5/12/12 2:16 am
Welcome to BAF.  Best wishes which ever procedure you may choose.  

Although I am an RNY'er, the sleve was my procedure of choice and the reason I selected my surgeon.  He simply did not think the sleeve  was best for my personal situation. 

My only con with the sleeve was the larger stomach and would I feel compelled to keep that added space filled.  You know yourself so be totally honest.  In my opinion, the sleeves best feature is no alteration of the intestines.  Restriction only works well for people with normal metabolisms.  You should be able to do well with it. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

considering2012
on 5/12/12 5:49 am
Thanks to everyone who stopped in.

I had my consult and it went okay. I have to do a sleep study next week (which I think is utter BS since it's not a necessity for my insurance and just something the doctor wants...probably a stakeholder) but since I don't snore I don't think I have anything to worry about. I'll be glad when all of this preliminary stuff is over.

Thanks again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 187 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1131 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2022 views