First Day Back to Work

angenoire
on 7/9/12 9:41 am - NJ
RNY on 05/03/12
Hi Everyone! Need help understanding something that happened to me today. 

Today was my first day back at work since my surgery in May.  No one from work had seen me since the surgery.  I was greeted with hugs and kisses from different co-workers and supervisors.  I had a few people walk right pass as they didn't recognize me.  I know it has been two months since I have been to work.  But really, have I changed that much?

Yes...I lost 54 pounds.
Yes...I had my hair braided (microbraids).
Yes...I got myself a new short dress to wear today (and I did wear it)
Yes...I had sandals on instead of my regular sneakers

I don't know if I can handle another day like today.  Not everyone was in today so I still have a lot more people who haven't seem me yet. 

Is this a NSV??? Or people just blind? 

Taking it one day at a time.    
Blu-Diva
on 7/9/12 12:20 pm, edited 7/9/12 12:22 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 NSV  Your gonna get all kinds or reactions. Congrats. I just went back to work too its weird too.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

angenoire
on 7/9/12 6:06 pm - NJ
RNY on 05/03/12
Thanks just wanted to make sure. Very weird. Congrats to you too.
MSW will not settle
on 7/10/12 12:44 am
Accept your compliments gracefully.  When you change your wardrobe and hair you expect to get noticed.  When you loose weight you expect people to notice.  You got that for all three. 

We can only hope for positive attention.  So many have encountered criticisms of wls and having time off just for being fat upon their return to work. 
Fortunately you've been greeted with congratulations. 

We want to look different after weight loss.   Fifty pounds is 1/3 the body weight of women we view as average, yet medically may be considered slightly overweight.  Coleagues will get used to your evolving body soon enough.  They will also notice any regain or return to old eating habits.  T
he pressure is on for you to do well over the long term.  This reality may be part of your discomfort. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Thicklin
on 7/10/12 10:14 pm - TN
VSG on 04/23/12
Congrats! that is def a NSV can't wait to hear more.

newme_38
on 7/11/12 3:12 am - Randallstown, MD
VSG on 06/12/12
Sounds like an NSV to me!!
angenoire
on 7/12/12 3:31 am - NJ
RNY on 05/03/12
Thanks everyone.  I am definitely taking it as a NSV.  Enjoying the moment and accepting the compliments.  Have a great weekend!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 185 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1130 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2020 views