In Less Than 12 Hours....

considering2012
on 7/22/12 9:27 am
...I'll be at the hospital being prepared for surgery. I am the first surgery of the day. It's still rather surreal for me and I keep telling my husband that I can't believe I'm doing this. He thinks I'm being overly dramatic.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that after all of the mishigas I posted about before and this grueling pre-op liquid diet, it's happening!

Wish me luck.
Kiwistardust
on 7/22/12 1:45 pm - GA
 Luck wished! We'll be waiting to hear how it went :)

Ht: 5'8     CW: 262      GW: 160

I'm so ready for change, it hurts. But all the hurdles I'll have conquered along the way make everything well worth it.

1Haute Diva
on 7/22/12 3:38 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
Good luck!!! Keep us posted!
- Shaw

MSW will not settle
on 7/25/12 12:33 am
I'm late to this party so you should be on the loser's bench by now.    Yay for you!  Looking forward to an update soon.  

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

considering2012
on 7/25/12 2:45 am
I just got home about 20 minutes ago. It's been quite the experience but mainly I've been askin myself WTF did I just do.

I have no incisions on the left side but that side was laughing at the morphine I was getting so they upgraded me to something else that starts with a "T" and Hydrocodone combo. I'm walking pretty good and just trying to expel surgical gas because it's hard for me to take in even liquids with these large gas bubbles in my stomach.

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes and I'll be back later with more.
mel1964
on 7/26/12 5:21 am
welcome to the new you!!! hot or warm tea with no sugar or clear broth may help with the bubbles, i am sure you are on the liquids for now, feel better..

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 187 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1131 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2022 views