One Week Post-Op

considering2012
on 7/30/12 3:25 am
...and I am still alive and down 24 pounds. Still can't sleep on my stomach but I'm getting incrementally better each day. I went shopping for an external hard drive at 5 days post-op and that was a mistake because I felt miserable before I could even leave the store.

I'm doing well with my vitamins and liquids but the gas is still getting me and I'm finding it hard to adjust to the fact that the few times I get hungry, the hunger pangs are actually painful.

Anyway, just wanted to update you all on my progress. I'll be sucking on Gas-X strips and watching Lifetime Movies until next time....
Blu-Diva
on 7/30/12 10:07 am - Hamilton, Canada
 I was like that when I was a week out too. :-)

Congrats on your new journey in life.

It does get better, I lover sleeping on stomach too, I think that started back around 3 weeks out.

Take care.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Thicklin
on 7/31/12 1:23 am - TN
VSG on 04/23/12
Congrats! don't forget to keep walking and keep up the good work my sister in sleeve

MSW will not settle
on 8/2/12 7:31 am
Recovery times vary as much as speed of weight loss.  Follow orders to the letter, get your protein and liquids, walk in place to help move the gas when you're home.   You'll be healed before you know it.  

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 187 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1131 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2022 views