6 month surgiversary and food for thought

angenoire
on 11/3/12 12:50 pm - NJ
RNY on 05/03/12

Today makes 6 months since by RNY.  I celebrated my 41st birthday in the dark as a result of Hurricane Sandy this week and I am 87 pounds lighter.  I believe I stalled over the last week or two.  That's ok.  Life is still good.  My motto for the next 6 months: Enjoy life. 

I tried a BodyPump class at the gym. Apparently it is an aerobic weight-lifting class.  What a workout, y'all!!! I even took an aqua Zumba class. 

I have no regrets about having had the surgery.  Yes, I can still barely eat.  I eat to survive and for nourishment.  I am off some of my medications (diabetes, blood pressure, gout).  I have stopped snoring according to some people.  I don't use the C-pap machine anymore. 

Life is now about finding out who I am and trying out new things.  Enjoy life and all it has to offer.

Taking it one day at a time.    
dstgirl2000
on 11/5/12 3:02 am

Congratulations Angenoire, and I'm happy you made it through"Cassandra" a.k.a. Sandy..  Happy belated birthday too......Much continued success on your program.

Keep it moving!

JJ

Thicklin
on 11/5/12 8:23 pm - TN
VSG on 04/23/12

Happy belated birthday Angenoire! Glad to hear you made it safely through Sandy path of destruction. I wish you nothing but the best on your success and happiness!

MSW will not settle
on 11/9/12 1:06 am

Congratulations!  Keep on it and keep the wl going.  Stay on plan through the holidays.  Objectively measure your progress at least weekly.  Learn and internalize new habits now so they become automatic and feel natural.  This will help you down the road when you are posting about being six years out, at goal, and maintaining it.  Best wishes for your continued success. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 183 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1129 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2016 views