when is the honeymoon over

stillfablessfat
on 11/25/12 4:46 am - CA
VSG on 05/30/12

Hey every1 hope all is well my weight loss has been going good I'm almost at my goal weight i just want 2 know when is the honeymoon stage over I've heard 6 months out then 12 months I know its different with every1 so can some1 just tell me about their journey..........few facts about my journey start weight 250 day of surgery 211 current 151 goal 140 surgery date May 30th 2012

Leslieenlightened hw250  sw211  gw140

LEE
on 11/25/12 1:30 pm

I believe the honeymoon stage ends sooner now than it did in the old days because people are willing to push the envelope and start eating bad really early out now a days and not allowing their bodies to make it to their goals.    But you are right everyone is different, I don't even remember when my honeymoon phase ended, shoot I don't even really know if I had one. 

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
dstgirl2000
on 11/25/12 10:33 pm

Hi Still..... I agree with Lee in that not many truly take advantage of the 'honeymoon" phase and ride it out to reach goal.  I can share my experience and journey, which I think has been quite successful.  I bought into the whole concept as prescribed by my doc and Nut with eating, exercising,getting in my protein and vits.  I made my goal at 9 months, and am still holding 3.5 years out.  I'd say my honeymoon phase extended past two years.  I continued to drop the weight well into two years and beyond.  I've bounced back about 10 lbs this last year, but am still the same size.  My exercise routine has slowed due to some other health issues, but I still keep my eating in tact with small portions, drink my protein daily and get my vits in.  My struggle is still with getting in enough water, but as long as I keep the basics at the center and core, my tool works with me and keeps me on pointe.

That's my journey.........I hope it gives you some since of what your tool can do, if you do your part!

JJ

Scott069
on 12/4/12 12:24 am

lke life honeymoon over is when u get bored.  Keep it lively and experiments with life in general.

MSW will not settle
on 12/6/12 7:10 am

The beloved "honeymoon" varies from absolute zero (thats right folks, some people don't get one) to a couple of years.  Malabsorption declines but it does not reset to zero.  The pouch expands but it should not become a full sized stomach.  

In my less than humble opinion, the honeymoon period is directly tied to how well you stay on program over the long term.  Take it from me who had no honeymoon whatsoever.  Your plan is for life.  What you eat and how you eat are the most important factors to keep the honeymoon period going as long as possible. 

Two to three years out; or, around six months after reaching goal, folks often start posting that things are getting harder.  In my opinion, this is where the honeymoon ends.  I call it the "Tween" stage. 

-  You are no longer a newbie with full focus and commitment. 

-  You are not yet a vet fully settled in a routine that will keep your weight loss on track and allow you to maintain without difficulty.  In other words, you have not yet fully settled into your new diet for life. 

Many will say your honeymoon is nearing it's end.  However, I believe you have some level of control over this.  Stick to plan and keep in mind it is forever.  Bounce back weight is common, but in no way unavoidable.  Live that honeymoon forever.  This is my surgeon's approach.  Inspite of conflicting instructions from my other doctors plus no honeymoon of my own, I believe he is correct. 

Reach your goals and don't stray.  This way you ease out of the honeymoon phase without weight gain issues.  You don't need to think about the honeymoon ending if you continue to live the wls success life.   

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

anti
on 12/10/12 8:24 am - Lafeyette, LA

For me it was exactly 12 months.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 196 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1141 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2039 views