Where Did it Go?

Diabolique
on 2/25/13 11:44 pm - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/19/12

Okay, I have made peace with the fact that my nappy hair of death is now only half as strong.

I even have stopped crying every time I look at the surgery scarring.

But where did my T  and  A disappear to?!

My once stereotypical black ass is more than half gone and sliding into size 10 jeans.

The thick breasts that were stopping traffic by the age of 11  and had men crave chocolate milk are actually becoming manageable and not bouncing out of every bra I own.

The thick lips that some people endure injections to emmulate  are turning into a pout.

I am thrilled that the weight seems to be coming off evenly don't get me wrong but sometimes I have to do a mirror double take to believe what I am seeing.

Is anyone else seeing a good chunk of themselves disappearing in the mirror?

"LADYbug-j" L
on 2/27/13 10:04 am - Laurel, MD
Hello,
I went through that faze, a while back!! It's called the E.T. faze/look!!Happy about the wt. loss, but hate the way you look. My hair thinned out, and my eyes appeared to be bugged out even more than ever. It was a real awkward moment/faze it shall pass. It's when you look in the mirror, you do not regonize yourself right?? Who is this? is it me?? I look so different??? do I like this look?? in the beginning, NO!!
It will go away.
It's part of the new adjustment, you look in the mirror and say, is that me?? Depending on how heavy you were b4 surgery. Seeing it, is so soreal in different ways. Best of luck as you continue through the journey!! In other words all normal post -op feelings and issues.
Peace jbug

"jbug"

dstgirl2000
on 3/6/13 12:59 am

Congrats on your wl success Diabolique.  Changing the way we look is usually one of the reasons why we choose this path.  However, I don't think many of us who are fortunate enough to reap the rewards of a successful wl program are ready for the overwhelming transformation that occurs.  I know I was stunned for a while at how differently I looked and felt.  Still today almost fours years later, I encounter people who knew me pre wls and they don't recognize me.  I laugh when this happens now because I've accepted this new body for the most part, yet it's foreign to them now.  You will settle into it too.  Do enjoy this honeymoon journey and work it while you can to drop as much as you can.  There will be a bounce back phase, and you'll long for those days when you were caught off guard looking at your reflection and wondering "who is that?"...........

JJ.................Keep it moving!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 183 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1128 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2015 views