14 days in, I am worried!

Strawberri10
on 5/3/13 4:49 pm - NC
VSG on 04/19/13
i had my 1st post op doctor appointment yesterday and my doctor says I am doing well so I was really proud. I'm getting in my protein and my liquids just fine, but the scale has not moved in 3 days. As a matter of fact, I gained 2-3 pounds. I know its early in my journey, but I don't understand how I can gain weight when I am still on clear and full liquids only. Could someone please share with me how they maximised their weight loss and if this is normal? Thanks in advance!

SURGERY DATE: 4/19/2013 HW: 278, SW: 268

LEE
on 5/4/13 2:22 am

Strawberri it is completely normal for your body to take a losing break this early out and even to put on a few pounds, but don't fear it is temporary and will go away and the weight will start to roll off, try to relax, enjoy your journey and stay off the scale for a little while.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
Strawberri10
on 5/4/13 2:40 am - NC
VSG on 04/19/13

Thanks for the encouraging words!  You are right, I just need patience... I am patient about everything except my weight loss..lol. Great news, I have started losing again!

SURGERY DATE: 4/19/2013 HW: 278, SW: 268

MSW will not settle
on 6/9/13 2:43 am

I'm late to the party but I've been off the grid awhile.  The newbies must never be left hanging. 

I agree with MsLee on this.  The body needs adjustment time regardless of your procedure.  Various individual factors may result in slow loss, weight gain, protracted stalls etc despite your adherence to protocol.  Stick with it. 

Steady downward wls results is a myth that is tough to dispel.  Those who have it post about it.  Those who don't stay quiet or worse get flamed when they ask questions.  Keep asking when you need to know anything.  As a persistent gainer and slow looser I know it can be done with persistence.  Frustrating as it may be, the long haul is what matters most. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 183 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1129 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2015 views