8 years Post-Op and.....

Ms D.
on 5/15/13 4:16 pm - Waukegan, IL

Hi all,

I know its been a long time since I have posted here but I had to drop in.  I was writing today's date on some paperwork, knowing that it was significant and then it hit me...its my surgiversary.  Today I am 8 years post-op and I am at my lowest weight since surgery and 20 lbs from being at my original set goal.  I have had many up and downs in this journey but I would do again and I am greatfull for it.  After the honeymoon period of 18 months I had dropped 120 lbs and then slowly after getting too comfortable and not following the rules my weight started to creep back up.  I lost back down some twice but once I stared getting comfortable again the weight keep coming back.  So last year I had gotten to my highest weight since surgery and I had an "aha" moment.  I was getting to close to my original weight and it frightened me.  Fast forward 13 months later and here I am 130 lbs down from my wls surgery 8 years ago and I know I can never get get comfortable in my journey. It has to be a lifestyle change for this to work. 

I was so hard on myself when the honeymoon period was over and I started gaining weight.  When it came time for the real work to begin, I let things get out of control and became depressed and felt like a failure.  Now I allow myself to make mistakes but I just get back on it the next day.  I used to compare my weightloss to others on BAF back when it was more people on here and it just seemed so easy then.  Now, I own my journey and just keep striving to get to and maintain a healthy weight. 

Sooooo Happy Surgiversary me.....

Deri

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

LEE
on 5/16/13 12:13 am

Happy Surgiversary Ms D

Sounds like you are doing really well.  Keep it up you are rocking your tool.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
Ms D.
on 5/19/13 5:51 pm - Waukegan, IL

Thanks Lee

Deri

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

dstgirl2000
on 5/16/13 5:09 am

Congrats Ms D.  It's not often that the "old timers" pay a visit back to the BAF, let alone visit with good news.  It's refreshing to know that success is possible as the years go on if you make the effort.  We all fall short more than once trying to fight this weight battle.  I applaud you for your candor and sharing your journey, as well as your efforts to reclaim and maintain your good health.

I wish you well in your continued journey.

Keep it moving.

JJ

Ms D.
on 5/19/13 5:53 pm - Waukegan, IL

Thanks for the well wishes. BAF was so instrumental for me in the beginning of my journey.  I just wanted to share that we can get back on track if we fall off.

Deri

Thomas Jefferson

jewelcrown
on 5/18/13 11:11 pm

Hey Ms D.

Congratulations!  You are an inspiration to me!  I had lost 110 lbs... and slowly allowed 40 to come back.  So today is the day that I get serious and march the other way.  Your post lets me know it can be done.  That's it not over.   I had my surgery in 2008 (July) also.  Once I stopped being obsessed with tracking my food and exercising daily... the weight just jumped back on.  Now, I"m back in the obsessive mode with the realization that this is a lifelong journey.  I'll be checking in on a regular basis like I did way back when the old timers were on the board.  The support really helped.  Thanks for your post.. it has blessed me this day.

Jewel

Jewel

Ms D.
on 5/19/13 5:58 pm - Waukegan, IL

Thanks Jewel,

I just couldn't see myself back at my pre-surgery weight.  It was a big wake-up call for me.  I knew I had to figure this out and do something. I know I can never give-up and I just wanted to share with everyone that we can get back on track.

Deri

Thomas Jefferson

Transfiguration
on 5/23/13 5:53 am - Somewhere in time, SC

Happy Surgiversary!!!!!!!!!  You are an inspiration.  I am working on getting back to my original goal.  I have had a tough time with menopause, but my pouch seems to be working like new now.  :)  Celebrate your success!!!!

Keep on climbing, Till I reach the higher ground

Charmaine C.
on 5/29/13 2:45 am - Columbus, OH

Congratulations and continue with a good healthy life.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 183 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1129 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2018 views