Lost 180 lbs in 8 months 7 years ago. Gained half of it back. Trying something new

Vickie
on 6/23/13 3:26 am - Wilmington, NC

Hi all, 

I just want to get some feedback and have some accountability. I had my RNY in April 2006. I lost 180 lbs in the next 8 months. My starting weight was 483. Slowly but surely, I've gained back half the weight  I lost. I also ended up with some pretty significant nutritional deficiencies. These made it difficult to move around and even be able to function normally let alone lose any weight. Going to the Dr. is a joke. Even my hematologist doesn't really "get" RNY and the effects that it has on the body. My husband and I desperately want to have another child. Nutritional deficiencies are messing that up as well. I have a friend who told me about a product she used. It is called Shakeology. It is like nutrient overkill. I wouldn't say its a protein shake but it does have protein in it. But that hasn't really been my problem. I NEED NUTRIENTS.  So I'm going to try it out for 30 days and let you all know how it goes. If I lose some weight that would be great but I know I need to supercharge my nutrition to get the scale moving in the right direction.  I need your support. Most others don't know the shame I feel and the pain I go through.  Thanks in advance. 

dstgirl2000
on 6/24/13 4:50 am

Hi Vickie.  I hope that are feeling better.  I'm not nearly as far out pot-op as you, I'm just about 4 years now.  But in reading your post several thoughts and questions came to mind.

I've not heard of this product before.  I'm not clear from your post either what it is that it supposed to offer you.  Some of my questions would be ................What is the nutritional value of this product?  Has it been approved for bariatric patients use?  How much of this will you be able to absorb?  If you are not absorbing nutrients from your meals you're consuming now, how will this product help you consume what nutrients it claims to offer?  More importantly, is this product FDA approved?  That would be a real RED FLAG for me if it was not!

You didn't provide any information about your current program and care.  Have your physicians prescribed a meal plan for you to address the "nutritional deficiencies", and have you followed it?  Do you take vits regularly, or get your daily protein in?  And equally as important, have you incorporated a regular and daily physical routine into your program? 

We all are fighting this never ending battle with weight and the health issue that comes with obesity.  If accountability is what we seek, then we have to take a real look at our intake and our everyday routines and habits and start there.  In a lot of instances, therein is where we find the answers to our predicaments.  I know I did!

Just my 1/2 cents worth!

Keep it moving!!

JJ

DTray
on 7/3/13 7:42 pm - Maywood, IL

We all understand the struggle........Wishing and praying the best for you!!

I am King of the JUNGLE!!!!

Vickie
on 7/7/13 6:57 pm - Wilmington, NC

Thanks for your prayers of support. 

Vickie
on 7/7/13 7:08 pm - Wilmington, NC

Thanks for your prayers of support. 

Mikomommy
on 7/31/13 2:21 pm - Birmingham, AL
Try geritol tonic. It has helped me tremendously as I developed a serious case of anemia that geritol helped. It tastes awful but I'm so glad it was recommended to me cause I feel a thousand times better!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 182 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1127 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2014 views