Getting Blue while losing the lbs?

lucalaw28
on 9/21/13 11:48 am

Just wondering if anyone else goes through this to.  Of course I get upset when I'm not losing or stalled etc.  But sometimes when I'm losing good I feel really happy at first and then that kind of tappers off to a blue feeling.  Not really depression (I've been through that before).  And it doesn't last long.  But I was just wondering if this was a normal occurrence for us losers and what your experiences have been.

mickeymantle
on 9/21/13 3:06 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

you should check you blood sugar it could be low also low iron will do that

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

lucalaw28
on 9/22/13 4:06 am

I think it might be hormonal to.

KittyKarin
on 9/22/13 11:26 pm - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

I feel the same way sometimes.  I do think it has to do with hormones and just all the changes we are going through so rapidly.  Sometimes I feel so small compared to my old 362 pound body and like I am superwoman! Then some days, I feel so fat and unattractive.  Sometimes I get blue because I feel like I should be able to run longer or do more exercise and my body still won't cooperate. Sometimes I will look at a picture of myself and still see that very fat girl in the pics. 

Those are the times I really have to focus on the positive and the amazing things that I have going on in my life.  It's especially hard for me not to turn to food in those times so I have to take a bubble bath or a nap or a walk... whatever I can to distract myself.

I hope those moments pass quickly for you.  You have done an awesome job! Keep focusing on your goal! :-)

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Most Active