That hard to mask oder

rocklomn
on 4/12/15 1:31 am

I really need advice what others do when they were or currently  are in the 400+ club when it comes to that wonderful body oder we get. Please help with tips tricks or products that worked for u. 

Triksy
on 4/12/15 7:52 am
RNY on 05/20/15

My HW was just over 400, I always shower regularly at least once usually twice a day. I use corn starch (allergic to talc) in the folds where skin rubs skin and your prone to sweat. I usually keep a small bottle of Bath and Body Works body mist that I spritz if I'm concerned. And I try to avoid situations that involve heavy sweating unless I can shower immediately afterwards. ( ie being outside during 90+ degree heat with high humidity) So long as I do those things I usually don't have any issues.

HW- 380     SW-350     CW-358

rocklomn
on 4/16/15 2:32 am

Thank you so much for this advice I will defiantly try them all to see what works best for me. 

rturnage
on 4/12/15 11:34 pm - Maumee, OH

Hello there!  I weigh around 525, and for me the odor is related to fungal infections.  Does your skin get really red and painful?  Does it smell similar to feces (sorry if that's gross)?  If so, you probably have the fungal stuff I get.  I have found the key is staying dry, using antifungal powder for maintenance, and antifungal cream for flareups.  

I use the antifungal cream from the foot section at the store (marked for Athlete's foot/jock itch).  Wal-mart (at least here in Ohio) has one that is only $1.  I get the 1% clotrimazole.  

Once I get the rash cleared up, it's staying dry and powder.  I use an anti-fungal body wash called Pedifix Fungasoap.  It's a little pricey, but a little goes a long way.  It has tee tree oil and it's all pepperminty.  After washing with this, I use a hair dryer on the cool setting to make sure that all of my skin folds are completely dry.  Next I put on Zeasorb antifungal powder.  Similar issue with price/lasting a long time.  This powder has a mediciney smell, so you can also go with Remedy brand Antifungal powder.  It smells wonderful!  I can't find it at the store, however, so I order it from Amazon.  

Another option that I use for the perineal area (still powder on back/under breasts) is wipes that have dimethicone.  These are pretty pricey, but they are awesome.  The wipe leaves a moisture barrier cream that protects the skin from wetness due to sweating.  I get a ton of sweating downstairs! haha  You could buy a tube of the dimethicone cream, too.  I'm just lazy and like the wipes.  

It may seem like a lot, but I tend to bathe every other day (I have very dry skin) and it lasts for that long with a wipe before bedtime. 

I'd be happy to provide any additional advice.  I have very picky skin that loves to flare up with any kind of ra**** can. Feel free to send me a message. 

rocklomn
on 4/16/15 2:32 am

Thank you so much for this advice I will defiantly try them all to see what works best for me. 

Patty T.
on 4/14/15 3:29 am - Boalsburg, PA

Talc or cornstarch just makes my problems worse. My go to remedy is Desitin.

rocklomn
on 4/16/15 2:33 am

Thank you so much for this advice.

George C.
on 5/6/15 10:40 am
VSG on 08/18/15 with

I too know the pain of rashes and such.  I am taking a medication called Invokana that dumps sugar into my urine, that creates a semi-constant irritation to my peri-area.  I also have a variety of fungal rashes in my folds and such.  I have used over the counter measures to sometimes no avail.

I do not want to sound like a pharmacy shill but... my dermatologist prescribed Vytone HYDROCORTISONE/IODOQUINOL - TOPICAL and I use it quite often.  The hydrocort cream decreases the redness irritation and constant itching and burning, and the iodoquinol cream is anti-fungal in nature.

2 cents.

George

Somedude
on 6/14/15 4:21 am
VSG on 10/31/13

Yeah when I was at my biggest I'd shower twice a day and use gold bonds powder pretty much all over my body. Hard to avoid getting a little musty when you got that much excess skin and folds but the showering and the powder did the trick for me.

Most Active