Hi, I'm new here!

Ginger
on 8/4/05 12:12 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi, I just found this forum. It's funny cause I wrote in the "over 50" forum and said something like "this is for over 50 BMI--not over 50 age right?" Well, the forum was for over 50 (age) and I have such a red face now Everyone made me feel so welcome anyway. I guess I'm closer to being 50 than I am 40 (I'm 46) I'm going to embrase my age! If I ever get through this approval process, I will be sooooooo happy to be on the losing side with all of you. I still need another 2 months on my 6-month Dr. supervised diet, which was never mentioned or written in the criteria that my surgeon's office gave me for BCBS of Empire. My case worker wants me to go on diet pills--because afer all, if the pills work why not go that route instead of "cutting-up my body" and changing my life so drastically! I'm so down in the dumps but I'm glad I checked with the insurance co. and now know what kind of game they want me to play. I keep thinking that if I had only "padded" up my diet history paper that I wrote..I'd be over on the losing side with you guys! I'd love to hear your stories of triumpf over the ins. co. Oh, and should I mention that my son who is now 23--had this surgery feb 2004 and has lost 200 lbs! We had exactly the same surgeon and insurance..what a difference a year makes in many ways right? Thanks for your support!
debbie smith
on 8/4/05 12:28 pm - Canton, PA
Hi Virginia, Welcome,I am new also, and also 46. I am awhile from my surgery, first appt. is not until sept.23. I will have to be self pay so maybe less of a hassle with approvals.
Ginger
on 8/4/05 3:15 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi Debbie, I've never been good at waiting...ask my mom..things haven't changed much over the years for me. I'm sorry you have such a long wait just to see your surgeon. Does your dr. have a cancelation list? I've taken that route a few times. Good luck--I'm with ya on the waiting game. But you know what they say, good things come to those who wait right?
G. Carter
on 8/5/05 1:57 am - Columbus, OH
I'm glad that you found this board and I hope you stay around and keep us updated on your progress. I know that the waiting part can work on the nerves a bit ... but hang in there ... your time is going to come. Georgeann
Most Active