Anyone having the DS Surgery?

Redeemed & T.
on 8/4/05 2:45 pm - Sandy, OR
Hello Everyone, I'm 42, 5'2", 360 lbs, with a BMI of 65.8. Well I was 360 when I started this process. I am now 350 lbs as of yesterday. Which is good, because my doctor wants my BMI at 60 or below to have the Duodenal Switch WLS. I am an active mother of 3 boys, soon to be 6, soon to be 13 and just turned 16. They are all in all kinds of sports. I'm also very active in our church. I love to sing and I really love life in general. I just want to be a participant instead of a spectator. My choice of the "DS" surgery is for soooo many reasons that the RNY can not offer me. My surgeon consult date is next Thursday. I can't wait. God Bless all of you on your journey ... if you have questions on the "DS" procedure there is a message board just for us...Toodles...
G. Carter
on 8/5/05 1:50 am - Columbus, OH
Congratulations Robin!
Charmie
on 8/5/05 2:09 am - Macomb, MI
I am having the DS surgery in Pontiac, Michigan in October (crossing my fingers ) with Dr. Bruce MacPherson. Dr. MacPherson is rather gruff but VERY experienced. He did this proceedure on my Uncle 11 years ago and he has been doing this exactly proceedure for 20 years. I researched his mortality rate, complication rate and what other proceedures were available. His office handled all of my insurance issues, and the rest is history. Well besides all the running around for getting my medical records, x-rays, blood tests, sleep apnea studies, ultrasounds and echos. I am 28 years old, 5'7 and i currently weigh 340. The doctor advised i lose 15-20 lbs. I'm trying but it's not coming off....i'm retaining a helluva lot of water!!!! So that is making it very difficult to try and lose weight. Lately walking feels so much more difficult than it use to. I think because i have resolved myself to a better life, a life filled with change. Dr. MacPherson figured things out....my fat percentage is 67% and my accurate BMI is 56. If you have any questions for me...feel free to ask...I'm here! Aimee
MsBatt
on 8/9/05 1:15 pm
You are SO gonna love the DS!!! My BMI was 75 the day I had my DS, and now it's 45. Yeah, I've still got some pounds to lose, but it's incredible how much better I feel, and how quickly I started feeling that way.
Most Active