I'm a little concerned...

moodyfaerie
on 8/8/05 2:31 pm - NY
I just had my surgery on Aug 5th, came home on Sunday afternoon. Today was my first full day home... This is what I consumed: 630am-2oz of protein drink 745am-2oz Biomega liquid vitamins(it kinda tastes like a fruit drink) 930am-2oz of beef broth between 1100am and 245pm i wasnt feeling so well..i felt really full and it felt like it was in my chest...very uncomfortable 300pm-3oz sf jello 515pm-1oz of beef broth 600pm-i had a couple of sips (barely an oz) of carnation instant breakfast drink 900pm 3oz of sf jello Throughout the whole day I also sipped on water..I would say I drank about 24oz-30oz. I am having a bit of cramping in my stomach...kinda like alot of gurgling...Im in no pain....I walked around the house as well today to get my exercise... I would really like it if someone that is POST OP could let me know if this is ALL normal? I was thinking that maybe I am not eating slow enough and that is why i have all the gurgling and gas--both burps & farts.... I am peeing and I did have one watery bowel movement...Im assumming that is normal though. Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks Tanya
Tanja K.
on 8/8/05 3:26 pm - Grand Forks, ND
Hi Tanya, It sounds pretty normal to me... it took a long time for my "plumbing" to get back in order. I had a noisy stomach for at least 1 1/2 weeks post-op; still full of gas that they fill your abdominal cavity with during surgery. It also took awhile to have a "normal" bowel movement - especially when you are only consuming liquids. It sounds like you are spacing your meals well enough, but just make sure you take your time. Just my opinion, but it sounds like what I went through; it hasn't even been a full week yet. I'd give yourself a chance to adjust and continue to do your best with your meal plan and activity. But if you are really concerned, you could always call your surgeon's office just to ask them, but like i said, it takes time for your new stomach and re-routed intestine to adjust. Best of luck to you. Tanja
lrosenda
on 8/9/05 3:39 am - Magna, UT
Tanya, This sounds like my first week post-op too. Hang in there, get lots of rest right now. You'll smooth out! Lori
Carmella
on 8/10/05 10:39 am - Massillon, OH
Hi Tanya: My surgeon tells me........Your body is trying to figure out your new plumbing. Give it time. Good job in getting in your fluids..My new pouch made some much grumbling it was weird. Well I'm 10wks out this week and I'm still burping..........Hope that goes away soon!!!! Congrats on your surgery and good luck in your journey!! Carmella -70lbs in 10wks!!!!
Most Active