EEEEEK...Is It Safe Here?

I.M.Hungry
on 8/10/05 12:09 am
hi everyone, is it safe to come out yet? Has anyone noticed the fighting on the main board? It scares me When I sneak in there (always incognito).....i read what i need to and then RUN Can you guys hide me?
Ginger
on 8/10/05 2:45 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Bridget, You are so funny! are you having fun playing with those little "emotion heads" Yes, the main chat-room has so much activity that I would rather hide here The gastric family group website is even scarier. The other day someone was going off on someone who was depressed for having wls (she really just was feeling crappy and wanted to vent) This other lady told her that she should be greatful...and all about all the people who want the wls and can't have it...yadda yadda. Of course, everyone defended either side..it felt evil to me. So much for support right. We all have our time when we have to vent and share our feelings without the fear of judgement right? I'ts sad when people who have been there..kidda forget what it felt like to be fat...scared...and despirate. Have a great day Bridget! Virginia in Chandler, AZ
I.M.Hungry
on 8/10/05 3:53 am
virginia, yes i LOVE my little emotion heads LOL. thanks for answering my post.The other day I posted something titiled "going postal" and i was literally afraid that i was going to get flamed by mailmen. It shouldnt be that way.you are right, we all come here for the same thing and thats support. Take care.
Ginger
on 8/10/05 4:32 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Bridget, I Love those little emotion heads too..they make me smile! I didn't read your "going postal" thingy yet. Was it on the main message board? It seems like some people really are judgemental..Being obese in this country takes courage! power to the people! Wow, I feel so radical * Virginia
rew1824
on 8/10/05 4:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
I know what you mean Bridget. I just read what I need/want to and scamper away too. I'll hide you, if you'll hide me! I went to a pre-op support meeting last night. It was just what I needed to get me back on track mentally after all the brick walls I have been hitting lately. The support I receive there, and on this board are just awesome. Had I found this website a year earlier, I probably would have gone through with the surgery the first time instead of backing down. But, I am here now and that's all that matters! Have a great day! Huggs, Ruth
I.M.Hungry
on 8/10/05 4:46 am
Ruth, ....ok...i'll hide you and you hide me. I wish I had found this website sooner too. I was always teasing my niece (she's 30) about having my appointment "next week" for my gastric bypass. it became a standing joke with us.Then I started to think.......hey! i really can do this. Actually, what also got to me was that it was January 1st again.....and i quit making resolutions to lose weight a looooooooooong time ago. But I am/was so unhappy. After coming to this website and hearing all of the success stories(and reading the memorials which scared me spitless) I got my courage and called the doc( I have all of my testing done)I am scheduled for my consultation with her on august 23. And can I tell you a secret and you wont tell anyone? I CANT STOP EATING!!!!!!!! WLS is VERRRRRRRRRRRRY stressful (the whole process) and how do I deal with stress? You got it! Now hand me those chips.
rew1824
on 8/10/05 6:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
...passing Bridget big bowl of 'de-stressed chips'. My surgeon wanted me to lose some weight before surgery. He said even 5 pounds was good, but whatever I could lose would be fine. Well, I lost 23... but I keep gaining and losing the last ten pounds over and over because of stress! Can't say I haven't tried. I read the memorial board too... all of it. I knew it already, but I guess seeing it in black and white made it more real. Scared the bejesus out of me too! Huggs, Ruth P.S. I like the little emoticon thingys too!
I.M.Hungry
on 8/10/05 6:48 am
Ruth, YUM!!! Thanks for the de-stresschips. Oh those Memorial Boards They are sooooooooooooooooooooooo sad. ( sorry, i have a tendency to be dramatic with my "o's".
Peggy M
on 8/10/05 6:38 am - Raymore, MO
I knew I liked this board! I usually just scan the main board to see if I can learn anything then scamper back here with my tail between my legs. The drama and fighting is NOT what I need right now. My date is a little over 4 weeks away and I'm trying to stay focused on my goals...not on whether the pouch pal is worthy of advertising or not! (Among other things!) Thanks for keeping it real. And by the way, Bridget, you're a hoot! Peggy ~A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step~
I.M.Hungry
on 8/10/05 6:44 am
peggy, I"M UNDER HERE!!!!.........thanks for answering my post. I didnt even know what a pouchpal was!! But I know they hate it! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! on your surgery date!!!! I am sooooooooo jealous!! Take care and please keep us posted. If they come after us, we can escape on our 'S
Most Active