"I AM OFFICIALLY APPROVED!!!!!", BUT.....

FullfiguredVirgoGal
on 8/10/05 1:10 am - Altoona, IA
I have to change my surgery date....... "I am OFFICIALLY Approved now. I say this because, I called my insurance company myself, after attending the informational seminar for WLS, to save myself the time and embarrassment of getting things done and letting the surgeons office submit to the insurance and then be denied. "I hate being rejected". Anywho, they said that with my co-morbidities, I would have no problem getting approved and since I called and let them know what I was doing was even better. So after that call, I knew that I was approved, but I had to wait for the official approval letter from insurance...yada,yada..... Well, Melanie called me yesterday and said that I was "Officially Approved" and all I need to do was come in and get some necessary information, Meds, and weigh in... to make sure that I lost the weight and it's a go with my surgery date of 8/24. I have lost the weight, but I have more to lose because I gained 14lbs after my surgeons consult, so I have 30lbs to lose, instead of 15lbs. So I am at the halfway mark, and I know that I am not going to lose the last of this weight by then. So I decided to move my surgery date to Mid-October. I am starting school on Sept. 6, and I do not want to miss the begining of classes. Plus, if I wait until October, I can work on keeping this weight off and maybe even lose a little more on my own. So I will get back to you guys to give my surgery date..... Until then.....Stay Blessed and keep being the Big Loser that you are. Nissah The F.AT Slayer 360/345/???/180 Over 60 days to go
Amber M*
on 8/10/05 1:27 am - Northern, FL
Im sorry you had to move the date back so far but that will give you the time you need to loose those dreaded 15lbs.. Good luck to you!! I sure hope the time goes by quickly for you.. And hey, atleast you are that much closer to getting the surgery- youve gotten past the insurance approval! Congrats!! Amber
I.M.Hungry
on 8/10/05 2:10 am
YAY Nissah, I guess its just not an urban legend huh? people really DO get approved for this surgery? CONGRATULATIONS!!
rew1824
on 8/10/05 6:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations on getting approved!!
anitataylor
on 8/10/05 8:32 am - Ozark, MO
Congratulations on your approval It gives those of us still waiting for approval lots of hope. Keep us posted! Anita
FullfiguredVirgoGal
on 8/10/05 9:03 am - Altoona, IA
THANK YOU ALL for the LOVE and SUPPORT that you have given me and the many of this website. I too thought it was an Urban Legend to get approval, but my surgeons nurse and the sleep study doctor were the ones holding Melanie back from submitting to my insurance. It took less than 4 days to get approval and I when she called and said that I am officially approved. I am still going to be here, posting and reading and encouraging everyone to stick with it. For those of you that are waiting on approval, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You will see the light when you are half way through, but DO NOT TURN AROUND, keep going forward and for JOY when you are approved and out of the tunnel. Stay Blessed and keep being the BIG Loser that U R. Nissah The F.AT Slayer 360/345/???/180 Over 60 days 2 go lets ride
JeannePS
on 8/10/05 9:33 am - Jasper, GA
Congratulations!!!! And yes, it does give us waiting for approval a lot of encouragement to see someone approved!!!! I'm really happy for you and don't worry, it'll be mid October before we know it!!! Carol
kwheen tee
on 8/10/05 11:10 am - INGLEWOOD, CA
Congrats on getting approved. I know the feelings that you are having. I just recieves fianlly approval yeseterday from my surgeons office. I haven't stoppe dancing yet. Kwheen
Shelley C.
on 8/10/05 2:23 pm - Chatham, Canada
Woohoo!!!! This is great news. Congratulations. Take gentle care.- Shelley C
G. Carter
on 8/10/05 5:30 pm - Columbus, OH
Congratulations on your official approval Nissah.
Most Active