Discouraged!

yvonnedlee
on 8/10/05 8:38 am - Bowdon, GA
I have been waiting to get below a BMI of 50. I've lost 98 lbs. I was 50.3 until I discovered at the doctor's office that I have sunk 2 inches. Now I'm back up to 53. something. I can't get enough excersize because I cannot walk and can't afford a gym. Please give me some encouragement! Thanks, DEB
I.M.Hungry
on 8/10/05 9:11 am
Deb, You give yourself a BIG pat on the back!! You have done great with your weight loss. I can relate to your not being able to walk or afford a gym....if i went out and walked in this heat.....i would be bound for a year. Be good to yourself, Deb..........you have done something that I hope i will be able to do. Those Leslie Sansone "Walk the pounds off" videos are pretty helpful. In fact, I might just dig them out of the attic and try them again Take care and remember that those numbers dont mean anything.its how you feel that counts.
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/05 9:15 am - Chandler, AZ
I don't know how encouraging this is but I am in a similar cir****tance. I am still using a wheelchair to get around and a walker and have lost 88 pounds and I had surgery Nov. 29, 2004. It has been slow going and I am sure my age of 6 does not help. I am getting around more and am able to get in my swimming pool and on a stationary bike so I hope this will help. Hang in there and keep up the good work. The race is not always won by the swift but the persistant. Hugs, Sandyd
Shelley C.
on 8/10/05 2:02 pm - Chatham, Canada
Wow- a 98 pound loss is awesome. Congratulations on that!!! I have always thought I was about five six, but the doc says I am really only five two. I was shocked. Can you get access to a pool? I can't really walk much, but I am free in the water. That's really about the only exercise I can get right now. Also I have tried to get some exercise while sitting. It is not the best, but every little bit helps. I hope that you can find a way that works for you. Take gentle care.- Shelley C
Most Active