Chocolate protein shake pleeese....

Ginger
on 8/11/05 4:23 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi all, Hey, I heard that there is a wonderful protein shake that mixes well and if you mix it with ice, tastes just like a Mcdonald's chocolate shake. Is this true or was I just dreaming? Anyone out there that has tried a shake that they just love??? or do you have a secret recipe that you doctor it up with? Thanks in advance....Virginia
ruthb
on 8/11/05 5:16 am - Richmond area, VA
It's all a matter of trial and error, at least for me. I've tried things that others have raved over and have found them darn near inpalatable. The only protein that tastes good to me is Unjury unflavored and Nectar Roadside lemonade. All the chocolate is ::blech:: to me.
G. Carter
on 8/11/05 5:19 am - Columbus, OH
The only chocolate protein drink I really like is Low Carb Slim Fast already mixed in the can. Get it real cold and it's delicious. Georgeann
Kristi B.
on 8/11/05 7:40 am - Telford, PA
Hi Virginia, I personally like Designer Whey's chocolate protein powder. I use 8 oz. of skim milk, 2 ice cubes, and shake it in a shaker cup (I LOVE my shaker cup). It is quite good in my opinion. Actually, their strawberry flavor is good as well. Funny thing: everyone on here raves about Nectar's lemonade, but I thought it was so bad it made me gag (seriously)! I just bought more Designer Whey this afternoon at The Vitamin Shoppe. Good luck finding one you like. Kristi PS I don't think any will taste as good as a milkshake, but they can be somewhat enjoyable.
Fribby
on 8/11/05 8:24 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Kristi, I agree about the Nectar lemon aid... I had bought a couple of their flavors at the vitamin shop and took them back (they told me I could when I bought them if I didn't like them... tho they were cranky when I took them back, they took them back). Well, everyone told me that I HAD to try the lemon aid. Tonight at my support group I got a sample fo the lemon aid... it was late and I hadn't eatten dinner so I put it in my water when I left the meeting... let me tell you, one drink and the rest was poured out the window... I have yet to find any that taste like a milkshake either and to be honest, I haven't "enjoyed" any but I do drink one each morning to get a good dose of protein to start the day... I look at them as I do my vitamins... they are good for me but I would rather not eat them!!!! Patti
N'Awlins Kat
on 8/11/05 7:44 am - TX
I know one but it's already pre-mixed. EAS Advant Edge Carb Control Chocolate Fudge. SAM'S sells it pre-mixed in the case for $25 about, for 24 drinks I bought the Vanilla powder (SAMS $19.99 for 90 scoops), and I like it a lot in my strawberry smoothies. With just ice and milk it's like a vanilla shake, if you use a blender. I'm guessing the chocolate is the same way, but so far I only bought the vanilla in the powder. Kat
Melissa Mermaid
on 8/11/05 8:01 am - Westbury, NY
I mix the Syntrax Matrix 5.0 chocolate with chocolate Carb Countdown ... It mixes with a fork in less than 30 seconds of vigorous stirring. I shove it in the freezer for a half hour to make it chillingly delish. Hope this helps!
anitataylor
on 8/11/05 9:58 am - Ozark, MO
Hi Virginia thought I would put in my opinion I have bought the whey protein from Walmart by Body Fortress in Chocolate and if you use a blender and I use soy milk with it, it gets thick and almost tastes just like a Wendy's melted frosty. I've also bought the EAS Vanilla at Wal Mart and it really makes me sick. Good luck on your search. BTW I am pre-op. Anita
Melissa_Postop
on 8/12/05 8:28 am - Knoxville, TN
Virginia, I really love Syntrax Matrix 5.0 Chocolate and the Vanilla. The Nectar: Fuzzy Navel is wonderful. I can drink the Carribean Cooler, Roadside Lemonade and the Lemon Tea but they're not as good. The only Nectar I've tried and hated was Crystal Sky it is NASTY. Melissa
Most Active