First Seminar with my surgeon!!!

N'Awlins Kat
on 8/11/05 11:34 am - TX
Well I am just tickled pink!! I finally got to do the seminar with my surgeon, and I am to call and schedule an appointment in the morning (to see him after my insurance kicks in). YAAAY! After TONS of delays, and deliberations over insurance policies... I got the RIGHT one!! I spoke to the nurse coordinator and she told me that she's familiar with my insurance and that it will not be a problem! She tells me I do need to show 6-12 weeks of supervised weight loss attempts though... fortunately I started about 7 weeks ago on a plan... only hang up MIGHT be that I didn't go *exactly* 30 days apart... was more like 45 days apart... so we'll see if that counts... but I will be sure not to miss another appointment... so that by the time it is important, I will have done the 6-12 weeks!! My insurance still is not in effect yet, so I can't *officially* see him until September, and I need a PCP referral first. SO, I have to make an appt with the PCP for Sept 2, and the other for asap after that. But about 2-3 months is the "delay" from first visit to surgery!! So I can possibly have surgery as early as Halloween!!!
Larakatya
on 8/12/05 1:38 am - Twin Cities, MN
CONGRATULATIONS LADY! Every day is another step towards your new life! Big hugs, ~Lara
I.M.Hungry
on 8/12/05 8:08 am
KAT, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Looks like the WLS has touched you. Could you send her over to my house please? take care and good luck on you journey.
Most Active