Met my surgeon...

special kay
on 8/11/05 1:12 pm - Ladson, SC
Hi I have been freaking out a little after the passing of two OH members last week. I was thinking of not going to my appointment today but I did. The surgeon was very nice but very honest about all the risk with wls. He kept stressing that I am at higher risk because of my BMI is so high. He likes his patience to wait a month to think about wls then attend a class before coming back. IM GOING BACK! IM READY FOR THIS! Anyway, the good news is I lost 23 pounds since July 20. I was so hurt that I weighed 450, I started really cutting back and making better food choices. I really want to loose more and get my BMI down some more. So did anybody diet before surgery? What kind of diet did you do? Whats the best diet? Thanks, Kay
I.M.Hungry
on 8/12/05 8:04 am
Kay, Thanks for the encouragement!! I was upset also about those 2 people passing ........but if you had enough courage to go to your doctors......then I will have enough courage to go to mine. Now about that diet...........I'm on a very special "eat everything i can get my hands on because i am so stressed out about this WLS" diet. Funny thing though It's not working so well for me. Good luck and take care.
Carmella
on 8/13/05 2:39 am - Massillon, OH
Hi again Kay!!! I responded to your last post and I'm glad you made the right decision for YOU. Contragts!!!! I didn't have to diet preop though, I did try the Adkins diet on my own and lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks, but I couldn't stick to it. So I put it back on, of course. Congrats on the weight loss!!!! I wish the best for you and keep up posted!!! Carmella -70lbs in 10 wks
Most Active