OT Jessica Simpson's jeans

JeannePS
on 8/11/05 7:54 pm - Jasper, GA
I am laughing my fool head off right now! I just saw on the news that Jessica Simpson is going to design jeans for plus size women!! Wow I thought, how nice. Then they said they will be sizes 14 to 16!!! Hello? She calls that plus size? I guess to someone her size that is a huge size, but to us - hey that's a goal size!!! I just had to share my chuckle because thankfully, I found this funny! PS Gonna call surgeon's office today and see if my approval is in yet - wish me luck! Carol
Stacey G.
on 8/12/05 2:29 am - MN
Actually they start at size 14/16 and go up to size 26. I'm just grateful that someone fashionable is even thinking of making "nice" clothes in larger sizes. I just got an email from Avenue this morning. And there are about 8 different styles, they vary in color, cut, fit, etc... Pricey $50+, but when isn't "our size" more expensive.
Tanja K.
on 8/14/05 3:51 am - Grand Forks, ND
I agree with you Stacey; it's a cool gesture... whether or not we like to admit it, even if size 14/16 is our goal, it is still plus-sized. Not that I care about that... I would be happy to wear a size 14/16. If people know anything about Jessica, they might know that she struggled with body image issues - maybe not the same as the ones we struggle with, but issues nonetheless. She even wrote songs about it. Just as we do not like to be judged for our size (or anything else for that matter), I don't think it is fair to judge her for being thin and perky. Tanja
I.M.Hungry
on 8/12/05 8:01 am
Carol, Jessica Simpson makes me want to.....how could anyone be so young and perky? I was young once.......but THAT perky NO WAY!!! BTW.......did you hear anything about your approval? take care.
MsBatt
on 8/12/05 3:39 pm
So---the sizes are all within her IQ range? (*grin*)
JeannePS
on 8/12/05 11:12 pm - Jasper, GA
Thanks for the responses, this is the first time I've posted rather than responded!! The news report I saw just said 14/16 they didn't say the sizes went up to 26. Oh well, wouldn't do me any good - I need a 30/32 anyway LOL. I called the sugeon's office twice, insurance guy was on the phone both times (I was hoping he was on with my ins co who knows !!!), he didn't call me back, so I guess no news is good news! We'll see what happens next week!!! Have a great weekend everyone! Carol
Most Active