I'm New

AmyLucas
on 9/14/05 9:29 am - Jonesboro, AR
I thought I would introduce myself after lurking for a little while... My name is Amy and I am in Arkansas. I am 31 years old, been married for 12 years. I have three children and one FAT cat. I've been heavy most of my life but wasn't obese till I got sick and had to be on steroids off and on for the past twelve years not to mention having babies and coping with life. My current weight is 302lbs. My bmi was 58% when I had my first consult. I am only 5'3 so ... I am having the lapband as soon as I can get a new surgeon. I have been approved thru my insurance and have everything all done. I was informed yesterday that my current doctor uses a hospital thats out of network and the insurance will only cover $1200. The band itself cost $3200. So I had to find someone else. I managed to find one closer to home that isn't going to make me redo everything but will just go over what I already have done and then we will go from there. I can't tell you how devistated I was yesterday. This is something I need so badly. My health is terrible, my kids suffer from my inability to do things with them. I know you all can understand where I am at. Thanks for reading, Amy
rew1824
on 9/14/05 9:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Amy! Welcome to the best board on OH... I'm not biased or anything. Great bunch of people here... lots of love, support, tears, and laughs too. Jump on in, the waters great. We had a big B-Day party here yesterday so pardon the mess... Huggs, Ruth
I.M.Hungry
on 9/14/05 9:50 am
Amy, WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I hear you about being heavy all your life. I was obese in the womb!!!!!!! You will not find a nicer, more sincere bunch of people than the ones here!! Kick your shoes off and stay awhile!! willby PS: you should have been at that party...whens your bday? We always like to celebrate with and!!
AmyLucas
on 9/14/05 9:56 am - Jonesboro, AR
Thank you both! I appreciate it so much! My birthday is November 17th. I will be 32. Amy
I.M.Hungry
on 9/14/05 10:03 am
AMY!!!!!!!!!!!! MY birthday is november 17th!!!!!!!!! I'll be 19!!! OK,OK 49!! But who's counting?? willby
AmyLucas
on 9/14/05 10:39 am - Jonesboro, AR
Wow! I don't think I have ever found anyone who has the same birthday as me! Seriously! My neices birthday is the day after mine but thats as close as anyone has come. I tell my daughter I am 25 and holding. She told someone that once and they believed her. I guess they thought I was a kid when I had her. Oh well.. hehe Amy
Ginger
on 9/14/05 12:10 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hey Willby, I knew I liked something about you....other than your craziness we are almost birthday buddys....November 28th is mine!....Sometimes my birthday is on Thanksgiving...how wonderful it is to be called a big fat TURKEY..by my brothers...I'll be 47!..but who's counting??? What's your sign? Virginia
I.M.Hungry
on 9/15/05 4:47 am
Virginia, Will it never end?????????? We're going to have to expand our SMOSS for your brothers now. We'll give them a BIG FAT TURKEY........right in the kisser. I always wanted a thanksgiving birthday. Its my favorite holiday. I am scorpio how about you? willby
Tina P.
on 9/14/05 10:16 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Welcome Amy!!! =^..^= ~Tina
AmyLucas
on 9/14/05 10:47 am - Jonesboro, AR
Thank you Tina!
Most Active