WOW moment for me!!

debdoc
on 9/14/05 10:57 am - fort wayne, IN
i travel (by air) all the time for my job. and at 463 lbs., it's been quite a challenge! the company i work for has been buying me two seats on the flights for several years now, but it's always a hassle. sometimes the airline assigns me two seats that aren't together...take my word, it's not fun. today i flew from indiana to philadelphia, and the most amazing thing happened. i requested the seat belt extension as i boarded, but when i got to my seat, I DIDN'T NEED IT! so then i put the arm rest between my two seats down...and I FIT! i was so excited, i almost announced it to the other passengers around me! almost, but not, of course! i thought i'd come here and announce it instead! deb -174
Sally H.
on 9/14/05 11:04 am - Toronto, Canada
I would have to say that that would be a WOW moment for me as well. Congratulations and I hope to be there too!
debdoc
on 9/14/05 11:09 am - fort wayne, IN
thanks sally! best of luck to you! deb
anitataylor
on 9/14/05 11:09 am - Ozark, MO
What a wonderful WOW moment!! Congratulations on the fantastic work Thank you for coming and sharing that with us here! It really helps me as a pre-op to hear great news like that so keep up the good work Take care, Anita
debdoc
on 9/14/05 12:21 pm - fort wayne, IN
thank you anita! hang in there, your day will come! deb
rew1824
on 9/14/05 11:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
Definitely a WOW moment! Congratulations! I had to buy 2 tickets for travel too. Can't wait to be on the losing side and only need one airline seat! The travel bug will be biting me again for sure! Huggs, Ruth
debdoc
on 9/14/05 12:23 pm - fort wayne, IN
thanks ruth! it was quite a thrill! i couldn't believe it when the seat belt went around me! it's been a very long time since i could do that. deb
margaret odom
on 9/14/05 12:14 pm - sumner, GA
How was that Deb? Personally, Im of flying but will understand fully how thrilled you were. It is a long time coming huh? And I give kudo's to your job. Man most places wouldnt even think about buying two tickets must less one Hugs Margaret
debdoc
on 9/14/05 12:26 pm - fort wayne, IN
thanks margaret! it was WAY cool! my job's attitude has been if we need you to travel to another location, and you need two seats to do that, then we'll buy you two seats. that part was amazingly easy. the logistics of actually traveling at my starting weight were a nightmare...but that's one nightmare i don't intend to have again! deb
Tanja K.
on 9/14/05 12:42 pm - Grand Forks, ND
Hi Deb, That is really great!! I don't fly often, but I did fly last year a couple of times, and I had to squeeze myself in the seat and hope there wasn't someone next to me that my butt cheeks would be hanging over onto! I couldn't put the arm rests in the middle of the seats all the way down because my spreading thighs just wouldn't allow it. On most of the planes, I hoped to God that the seatbelt would just buckle because I was too embarrassed to ask for a seatbelt extender. Most of the time I could get it buckled (barely), except for the very last time I flew. I had been gaining weight steadily. It was a short flight, but my seatbelt didn't buckle, and I didn't ask for an extender... I just laid my jacket over my lap when the flight attendant walked by, and that was that. I hope my next flying experience is as good as yours was. That must have been quite a change and a wonderful feeling. Congratulations. It's those kinds of moments that really make a difference. Take Care, Tanja
Most Active