amcb78’s Posts

amcb78
on 9/8/16 2:51 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone else considering having BDP/DS done?

Oh Thank you for the information about the book. I will have to read it. I'm pretty set on the vitamin and supplements since I already take so many medications now. I'm hoping to replace the medicine with the vitamins and supplements. Plus, I need to have a knee replacement, back fusion and heel spurs removed. But no one will do those surgeries without have gastric bypass first. So now that it's a major health concern, I'm looking into the surgery. Because I was looking at gastric bypass as a cosmetic surgery and not medical instead now.

amcb78
on 8/5/16 7:44 am

Thank you ladies!! I haven't yet met the surgeons in our hospital. We get to meet them at our next class in September. I'm currently working the program. I have lost 20 of the 40 lbs. to have surgery done. I'm hoping to lose 50 lbs. before having surgery. But if I only hit the 40lbs. I will be fine with it.

I was looking for people who have had the BPD/DS done. On most websites I have seen it refered to just as DS surgery. We call it the BPD surgery in our hospital. I was wondering how your surgery had gone and what kind of experiences you have had. 

No one can change my mind on having this done. I am just looking forward. I just seeing what differences I could see on having on my own surgery. Yes everyone is different. But I was hoping to see if anyone experienced setbacks or how did things change for you. I'm reading a book right now that they gave us about Barbara Thompson's surgery. But she only had the RNY done. It doesn't seem to give any experience from the BPD/DS side of it. 

And I know the vitamins are essential in any of these surgeries. 

Thank for any information. 

amcb78
on 7/26/16 5:46 pm

Oh Thank you! I'm new at this. I'm not exactly sure about where to and where not to post. 

amcb78
on 7/26/16 3:07 pm

I was wondering if anyone else is in the process of having a BPD/DS done. Also looking for people who have had the surgery done. What kind of things should I keep in mind with my upcoming surgery. I looking to see how life has been changed by having the surgery done. I have a woman in my one therapy class that is VERY against me getting the surgery because she had a horrible experience herself. 

Most Active