BPD revision surgery

DebbieJo2000
on 9/9/12 8:25 pm - MO
Hi my name is Debbie I had my first surgery in 2000, it was a Biliopancreatic diversion (BPD) with duodenal switch...my starting weight was 469 I lost 196lbs...

I am now 12 years out and still needing to lose more weight 100lbs or so...

This last Thursday I found out my insurance has approved me for a revision surgery...I am very excited to have the chance to finish this journey!!! My lowest weight was 273 and right now I'm at 295, not too bad for being 12yrs post opt...I've put on 22lbs in 12yrs...

So now I'm waiting for a surgery date...and wondering if anyone else has had this done, and if so how did it go for you?

Deb
I did it once and I'll do it again!

MsBatt
on 9/29/12 6:36 am
You really should post this on the DS board, if you had a BPD with DS.

I'm curious---what sort of revision are you planning? Who's your revision surgeon?
tresha040876
on 12/26/12 10:58 pm - Olathe, KS

I am curious also. I had the BPD without DS and wanting a revision. Not sure what to revise to though.

DebbieJo2000
on 12/27/12 1:37 am - MO

Hi Tresha, when the Dr did my revision all he really needed to do was resize my stomach...he said my original Dr had left it somewhat larger than what he would have, so my revision was rather easy. My stomach is now like I've had the sleeve we were originally planning on doing a band but my insurance company didn't think that would be the right fit for me since you know they are all Doctors (NOT)...the bypass part was just like it needed to be...

It's been just a little over 2 months since my revision things are going slow for me but I have lost 31lbs and I seem to be stuck...but I'm hanging in there.

Good luck with your decision...

Debbie

dhenrn
on 5/12/13 10:55 am - NYC-Long Island, NY

HI Debbie,

Thank you for providing this information.  I am a RNY ( 4/2003) and al beit I lost 103 lbs I did not get anywhere near my goal weight of 145-150, so I was considering the DS and all the information I have been reading has really scared me.  I only need a jump start and something to stop the dumping.   I had considered the band but it seems if you get a band revision you will eventually have to have another surgery to have band removed or there is slipage and issues with the port.

Good Luck with your continued weightloss!

DebbieJo2000
on 5/12/13 2:32 pm - MO
Tresha, After my revision I'm down 56 pounds, I certainly was expecting it to be more by now... but I had a big surgery hear back in March and it has slowed my activity way down, I'm still not in full speed but I'm sure still working on getting there... best of luck to you!
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/13 4:46 am

Hi I had my BPD and had lost  180 pounds..Including Breast Reduction and Tummy Tuck due to Hernia..I dont have GallBladder..no problem so far with only a little on borderline of VitB3..

I was thinking to discuss about doing revision to lose some more weight..although I dont put on weight..so I spot this post on google and want to share..what others feel after redo the BPD..I hope you got good result please do post..

I'm new here..I do have VSG in 2010 and than BPD in 2011..

Shasha

Most Active