Daughter of a breast cancer survivor

caprisunn22
on 7/3/08 11:19 am - California City, CA
I am still in the pre stages of  WLS and my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is still in chemo and has had surgery to remove the effected breast. I am looking for information and support group to help myself deal with the situation. I live in Southern California does anyone know of any groups in the Antelope Valley?
marylin99
on 7/8/08 2:08 pm - MO
Hi! sorry to hear about your mother, I wish her the best.  I was a daughter of a parent with cancer and then I had cancer myself.  Things have changed so much since my father had cancer survial is more and more common.  I live in Missouri so can't help you with a support group but I know that there is some out there.  You can try the cancer socity to see what's in your area.  The hospital that I used to have surgery and my doctor have support groups there too.  I live to far away to attend but I recieve info about the meetings all the time. When you go to the doctors with her look for the pamplets that are on the walls and tables they usually have a lot of good info in them. I hope this helped you and keep your chin you are not alone.  Marylin
Most Active