HPV?

huskergalWsD
on 9/4/11 6:51 am
Hello O H r's 
   Can anyone tell me what they know about this HPV Virus? Is it really a Virus or is it just another word for Bacteria? how its contracted etc.? I googled it , and still dont understand it tottally..How did i get it and what do i need to do to avoid or if it can be treated without surgery? if anyone here has ever had it can you find it in your heart to go into detail what this is exactly.. be strong and be kind to yourself ....thanks a million.. Peace, Love & Joy...Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Tooty
on 11/9/11 3:42 am - Germantown, TN

I've got it too...I had to have a LEEP a few years ago.  It is a virus and is contracted through sex.  Unless you and your partner were both virgins there is an extremely high chance of getting it.  That is why there is such a big debate about it now for having children vacinated against it at an early age. 

I had CIN III (pre-cancer cells - Severe Dysplasia) and had to have the Leep procedure.  It was not pleasant, so if you have to have it done ask to be knocked out!! 

It can turn into cervical cancer if not treated.  If you have not had children yet, you will want to discuss the procedures.  I already knew I was not able to have children and had already adopted, so I wasn't too upset that it can affect your chances of becoming pregnant. 

I go next week for my Pap and am keeping my fingers crossed for another "normal" result.  I am a little worried this year as I have developed Alpoceia Areata (round bald spot on my head) that came out of nowhere....I'm hoping I don't have cancer cells and this is my bodies way of fighting....

Do a search on CIN (Dysplasia) and HPV....you will find a lot of information...I hope I helped a little bit....

Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Most Active