Papilary thyroid cancer Pill or liquid radiation treatment?

jilllynn
on 1/14/12 12:41 pm
I had Rny 3 years ago. All is well with that.
 I had my thyroid removed and 4 lymph nodes in my neck October 2011 because of Papilary /folicular cancer .  I have to have the radiation treatment and was wondering if anyone has information  or gone throug this . Wondering which type of  radiation treatment  is best ,liquid or pill form becauase of the absorbtion problems we can have? My Gastro and Oncology  Doctors said they -THINK- it's ok to do the pill... both said they have never treated a RNY patient with  this type cancer. I cant find anything on line... Studies ect and  "I think it's ok" from my Doctors just does not sit well with me. Any help would be great! Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/12 11:45 am
 Hey!  I had RNY 2 years ago and just got diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid cancer.  Did you have a thyroidectomy?  How was it?

Just a bit scared right now.

Anyways, my Doctor told me they would do the injection for me, not the pill - what did you end up doing?

Thanks!

carlak
on 10/26/12 1:37 am - Bradenton, FL
I had thyroid cancer after ny rny after nine years. I did the I131 and was put in the hosoital and swallowed the 20,000 dollar pill. down it went! no problems. Four days in the hospital, felt very weak,
Today I am cancer free. Carla
image hosting site

Most Active