Young Breast Cancer survivior

shellied73
on 1/23/13 1:43 am - MA

I am a 39 yr. old cancer survivor, I was first diagnosed at 35. It has been a very long road.. My drs. say if and when I loose weight I will have a substantial decrease in a reaccurence. Which I am happy about!...  God Bless everyone who is or had gone through a long journey like this.

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/13 12:46 pm

Good to hear from your victory. That must really be hard for you. Just don't loose hope and continue cooperating with your doctors as what they are recommending to you is for your own good. By the way, have you heard about news and studies about the benefits of sunlight to cancer patients?  Try reading about it, as it could also help motivate you more. 

Nellybelly2012
on 5/21/13 11:19 am - LA

Hi

I was diagnosed at 35 as well, I am cancer free now and I was told too that weight and diet plays a large role in the cancer coming back. I am glad you can be a testament. 

HW 283/ SW 268/ CW 220/ GW 135  

teddybear71
on 6/6/13 1:54 pm - Mandeville, LA
I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 6 weeks after turning 40. I am now 41 and Cancer Free!!!!! I like to look at the silver linings in things and the one thing for me was that my surgeon was able to do my breast reconstruction by using the fat and tissue from my abdomen, kinda like a tummy tuck but more extensive......I had my WLS surgery 3 years ago which I lost 150 pounds so my belly was looking pretty rough but not any more. The one thing I am dealing with now is weight gain from all the surgeries and my medicines. It has been a long time since I have been on this site but am hoping that you all will help me get back on track.

allisontom911
on 6/22/13 10:03 am - NE

I have been thru breast cancer 2x. First time diagnosed when my son was 5 weeks old, that was December 2009. I was diagnosed again in May 2012. I did chemo, radiation and mastectomy the first time. I had to do chemo again this 2nd time. I am hoping losing 100+ lbs will help to not get it back again.I will be on Herceptin the rest of my life now.

Keep up the good fight!

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/13 9:55 pm

well done. gud luck for your victory over breast cancer. One thing that i want to share is breast cancer is attributable to alcohol consumption, it destroys mother hood too. if you take alcohol please reduce the consumption of it. thanx

shellw362160
on 5/28/14 1:27 pm

Yes, that's what I've been told...getting your weight within a normal range decreases your chances for recurrence by 50%.  That's one of the primary reasons I'm having surgery....I'm doing everything I can to reduce the chances of ever having a cancer diagnosis and treatment again.  I went for by pre op pysch evaluation and he asked me what are my fears about surgery, my response was nothing....after chemo, this will be a breeze!

If diet and exercise were all it takes for weight management, I'd be on Beyonce's payroll as her personal trainer!

David147
on 6/10/15 3:12 am

I know a woman who was diagnosed with severe breast cancer. I'm not sure what stage... but she went through chemo and radiation. She was so positive though. She beat it after a couple eyars of fighting. It hasn't come back, thank goodness.

Most Active