Something Old

jastypes
on 3/30/11 12:28 am - Croydon, PA
I wrote this a couple of months before my surgery.  I was just looking over my profile blog.  It just felt so pertinent for today.

I went to my Celebrate Recovery meeting last night.  It's a Christ-centered 12-step program which I am in for food addiction.  It was on the way home, while digesting everything that was said, that I had a revelation.  I wanted to write it down so I don't forget it.

I am insane.  The way I eat is pure craziness.  I stuff myself.  I have no control over food. 

Surgery is not the Answer.  Jesus Christ is the Answer.

So, does that mean surgery is not for me?  But I believe God brought me to the surgery.  But He could instantly take away this craziness.  He could take away my appetite, my gluttony, my cravings, and even my fat, in the blink of an eye.  Why won't He do that?  Why surgery, of all things?

There can only be one reason.  So that I fully rely on Him.  Before surgery I will need to lift up every appointment, every test, every application, every single detail.  Pleading my case, as it were.  Seeking Him while seeking relief.  During surgery I will need to trust Him for my safety, for the doctor's skill, for the procedure to go as planned.  I will have to rely on Him to see that my family is cared for.  After surgery I will have to depend on Him for comfort, strength and protection as I never have before.

The purpose of the surgery is to bring me Victory in Jesus Christ.  The purpose of the surgery is draw me closer to my God and King who loves me so much that He is giving me this opportunity to have new life, even though He has already given me so much, and has promised me eternal life with Him forever.

Surgery isn't the Answer.  Jesus Christ is the Answer.

May I never forget that.

Be the first to leave a comment.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Hislady
on 3/30/11 7:12 am - Vancouver, WA
            AMEN!
Most Active