Tuesday Blessing

Patricia R.
on 4/12/11 2:36 am - Perry, MI

April 12

Our Glorious Hope

1 Corinthians 15:20-58

When we hear the word resurrection, most of us instantly think about Jesus rising from the dead, but His victory over the grave shows what will happen to us aswell. One day every believer who has died is
going to experience a bodily resurrection like His, and those who are alive when Christ returns will be changed from mortal to immortal in the twinkling of an eye.

One of the first questions that spring to our minds is, What am I going to look like? I can’t answer that specifically, but all I know is, you’re going to look as good as the Creator can make you. And that’s pretty good! These humble earthly bodies will be transformed into glorious bodies like His—minus the divinity, of course. Paul’s writings provide some hints about their characteristics: they are imperishable, glorious, powerful, and spiritual. As such, they will be fit for life in heaven. We’ll never again experience sin, sickness, pain, suffering, weakness, exhaustion, or death.

At times people ask me if we’ll be recognizable—that is, will we know our loved ones, and will they know us? Consider this: How could such powerful, glorious bodies be limited in this area if they are so much more advanced in every other way? I’m fully convinced that all our senses and mental abilities will be enhanced, not diminished.

A glorious future lies ahead of us, but the joy of a new body and a reunion with loved ones will be surpassed by the thrill of seeing Jesus. He is the One who made all this possible. Out of gratitude, let’s faithfully love and serve Him while we remain on this earth.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 4/12/11 7:07 am - Vancouver, WA

Even better than WLS!!! I'm lookinmg forward to a body without pain, I bet alot of us are.

Patricia R.
on 4/12/11 8:27 am - Perry, MI
Amen to that, Sister.  I was talking to my Mom last night, and she just has no grasp of what chronic pain is like in terms of limiting one's life on a day-to-day basis.  I think I shared about it in the Prayer and Praise thread.  I try to volunteer with Special Olympics and a homeless ministry that is newly started in the past two yers, as well as attend church and attend Bible study, and go to AA, and since my surgery, I have been limited in what I do because of the chronic pain.  I decide one day to the next what I am going to do, as my pain varies.  Mom thinks I need to get out more.  Did not matter how many times I tried to explain that my pain limits me, especially since my surgery, and she just kept insisting I do some volunteer work and widen my social circle.  I could have been talking to a wall, for the lack of listening she did.

I would love to experience the pain free part of the glorified body to come, NOW.  Yet, I am to try to glorify the Lord in the painful vessel I have, which is so challenging.  I guess not whining as much, especially to family members who have no clue, would be a first step.  I have few friends who understand, and am so grateful that you do, Karen.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 4/12/11 1:54 pm - Vancouver, WA
Oh I know what you mean! My daughter constantly accuses me of faking or exagerating my pain to get attention, huh? Like I can't get attention without pain? I'd gladly be ignored completely if it would get rid of the pain, if only it were that easy! I live my life the same way, never make a promise unless I know I can keep it because I never know from day to day how I'm gonna feel and I've learned the hard way if I pu**** too hard I'll pay for it later. So I just do the best I can depending on the day. Some people don't like it because I used to be the go to person to get things done, but I just can't be that way anymore. So life goes on and I plug along.
Most Active