Psalm 19:13

Hislady
on 6/5/12 7:13 am - Vancouver, WA
"Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins." Oh how often are we tempted to do something "just this once". Take a peek at something we shouldn't, borrowing money that isn't ours to borrow or maybe stretching the truth just alittle seems like a small thing. However it leads to bigger things and their consequences. We "get away" with something small and then are tempted to go to bigger and worse things. Well big or small sin is sin in God's eyes. To Him it doesn't matter if it is a tiny white lie or premeditated murder it is all sin. Remember "Temptation will knock at your door; don't ask them to stay for dinner."

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 6/5/12 8:55 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Karen,
This topic reminds me of my last relapse with alcohol.  I had over six years aobriety, and went into the liquor store to buy a Christnas present for Mom's friend.  On a whim, I bought myself a bottle, and honestly thought "I can go right back to AA, and pick up where I left off with my sobriety."  Boy, was I wrong.  From that day in December of 2007, till I was in a rehab in January 2010, I was obsessed with drinking and getting drunk.  Like the Lay's Potato Chip ad, I couldn't have just one.  

Thanks.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 6/5/12 1:25 pm - Vancouver, WA
I understand that, my addiction was cigarettes, I smoked for over 30 years and then developed COPD. I had no choice but quit if I was gonna have any kind of life. It was the hardest thing I ever did and it took several tries before I finally succeeded and I know to this day if I should take one drag I'd no doubt be right back to square one. Fortunately my COPD reminds me daily that I don't dare take that puff or I really won't be able to breath. But that temptation still rears it's ugly head now and then. The longer I stay smoke free the easier it is most of the time, but every once in awhile I'll get a whiff of someone elses smoke and that little voice says "Oh you could smoke just one!" NO I can't. It's not easy tho, I imagine we all have our own weaknesses. We just have to remember God is there to help us "Just say no."
Most Active