Revelation 21:3

Hislady
on 6/6/12 8:26 am - Vancouver, WA

"God Himself will be with them and be their God." So often we feel sadness for the loss of our loved ones when we should really be happy for them, the sadness is our feeling, they however are basking in God's love. Instead of feeling sad when something reminds us of our departed loved ones we should see it as a chance to share their joy at being in Heaven. I know everytime I make my mom's potato salad I can't help but think of her and miss her, but I also know that she was a believer so she is happy and pain free at last with her Savior. How can I begrudge her that joy by being sad. So when we start to feel sad and at a loss when thinking of our loved ones let's try to remember that they are in eternal bliss and have not a worry in the universe. It helps me to think that way when I look at their death anniversary as "graduation day", they've graduated to the best place in the whole of eternity. They are blessed and sitting at the throne of Almighty God. "The pleasures of earth cannot be compared to the joys of heaven!"

God bless!
Karen

Patricia R.
on 6/6/12 10:09 am - Perry, MI
I try to comfort myself with the knowledge that my loved ones are in heaven with Jesus, but I have to confess, I feel like my family was robbed.  My Dad died at age 51.  My daughter met his when she was an infant, but did not get to know him, neither did any of my kids.  My brothers were 40 and 56 when they died.  My mother had to bury both of her sons.  I know plenty of people who live evil lives that survive life threatening illnesses.  Both of my brothers died of pulmonary emboli.  My grandchildren won't grow up knowing them, and experiencing their wonderful love of humor, and how they used to spoil kids.  So, I'm not at the place where I can find comfort in their deaths yet.  I miss them terribly.  They were too young to be taken.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 6/6/12 1:30 pm - Vancouver, WA
I was thinking of you when I saw the subject today. I only met my paternal grandfather once and his wife had died when my dad was young so never knew her. My mom's only brother died when he was in high school so I never knew him either, but I did hear the stories and tales about all of them so it was "almost" like knowing them. I really believe God only takes folks young to spare them of suffering that only He knows is coming. It could be that the men in your family would have suffered long term from some worse disease and then your kids would only have memories of them suffering. I think it's normal to feel cheated however all we can do is trust that God does everything for a reason even if we don't understand what it is. I pray with God's love you will be able to come to a peaceful place with this. Love ya!
Most Active