Psalm 92:14

Hislady
on 7/24/12 7:12 am - Vancouver, WA

"They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing."  I know many days I'm not really excited about getting older and look at it negatively because I can't do so many things I used to. I used to be so active in my church and now I can barely walk to the front door there. I sometimnes allow satan to assault me with that until I remember things like this statement in Psalms. Just because we are aging doesn't mean we are useless to God anymore. We have merely moved to a different use. When we are young we can be active and involved with things that need strength and stamina.

When we get older we should be showing the younger folks what they can prepare for as they age. We can show them how to behave and how to still be useful as they take their turn aging. There are still many things we can do not the least of which is prayer, we have the time and experience to be able to spend a great deal of time in prayer. We can share our knowledge of how to effectively get things done. Myself I knit and crochet, I make prayer shawls, hats for kids at Christmas, blankets for anyone who needs a good snuggle.

God has a use for us at every stag of our lives, we are never useless to Him. If we open ourselves to His will He will guide into what He wants us to do and will equip us to do it.

God bless!
Karen

Patricia R.
on 7/24/12 1:01 pm - Perry, MI
 Yes, there are still many things we can do for the Lord in spite of our age.  While I am not old, according to my kids and me, I am unable to do a lot of things due to health reasons.  Right now, I do volunteer work a few afternoons a week, at an agency that helps alcoholics and addicts get clean and sober.  In a couple of weeks, I'll be helping with my church's food bank.  We have had one at our church campus for years.  Now, we are opening up a second on here, in the town I now live in, at the church I used to attend.  While I am only assigned to help once a month, I plan to go over every Tuesday night.  
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active