Psalm 19: 1

Hislady
on 8/7/12 7:20 am - Vancouver, WA
"The heavens declare the glory of God." The subject of trying to imagine the being of God can dumbfound the mind. It's just more rthan our feeble human minds can grasp. God is larger than the universe He created and can not be contained, that is unfathomable for us to comprehend. Yet He has made it possible for us to know Him thru His Son Jesus that He sent to live here, die for us and be raised. "In creation we see God's hand, and in redemtion we see His heart!" What a gift we have been given, only a very loving Savior could bestow a gift like this! So remember to declare and appreciate the glory of our God.

God bless!
Karen

Ok hopefully now I'm caught up with this week. Please pray for safe travel for my daughter and her 2 boys as they fly back to Austin, TX tomorrow. She is partially blind(enough to qualify as legally blind like looking thru swiss cheese) so airports are a challenge,  pray all goes smoothly for them. It has been a blessing to see them for the last 2 months, we've had some great times and enjoyed getting to know the grandsons. It may be a long time before we see them again so I'm happy we've had this opportunity.
Patricia R.
on 8/7/12 10:16 pm - Perry, MI
 Hi Again Karen,
I first learned about God in Catholic school in first grade.  I believe the first things I was taught was about the Garden of Eden and Adam and Eve eating the fruit and then being kicked out of the garden.  I also remember learning about sin.  The nun made a circle on the chalkboard and filled it in so it was all white.  She said that was how our soul looked before we sinned.  Then she took the eraser, and erased spots until it was gone, and told us that each sin made our souls dirty, and that God hated sin.  The problem is, I did not learn about forgiveness till second grade, when I was preparing for Holy Communion and Confession.  BUT, the forgiveness did not come till we did Penance.

So, I went from learning about the Creator of the world, to a God that hates sin.  And to add to my childhood confusion, I then learned that the only way to get God's forgiveness was to work for it.  Big huge God demands tons of penance to earn His favor.  

Again, it took me years to learn about the loving, personal God who interacted with each of us graciously and forgiving us, simply because of our personal relationship with His Son.  It took me years as a believer to learn 1 John 1:9, "IF we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins, and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness."  Nowhere in that verse does it say, anything eluding to penance to earn His forgiveness.

Sorry for blabbing so much.  

Hugs and love,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 8/8/12 9:22 am - Vancouver, WA
Oh yeah it just irk me when religions tell people they have to earn salvaion or forgiveness. God himself tells us it is a FREE gift, no strings attatched.
Most Active