Matthew 24:44

Hislady
on 9/4/12 2:23 pm - Vancouver, WA
"You also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect." Some people feel they have to work and do tasks or jobs to be ready for Christ's coming, but in reality all you have to do is accept Jesus as your personal Savior to join Him when He returns. For some this is even harder than doing tasks, they would rather work from sun up to sun down than to surrender to Christ. Once you surrrender the joy comes in doing the tasks happily rather than in drudgery. So be prepared for His return and surrender your life to Him, He will steer you right at every turn!

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 9/5/12 11:07 am - Perry, MI
Hi Karen,
For a long time after I was saved, I had a lot of misinformation fed to me about works theology.  I attended churches that taught if you weren't there every time the doors were open, you were not a good Christian.  Our poor kids were dragged to church three times a week, plus for youth activities.  They learned a lot of self-control, because I learned how to keep them quiet in the evening services when there was no children's church.  When they couldn't read, we brought coloring books and crayons for the sermon, but they had to try to sing during the worship times.  Then, as beginner readers, I gave them a copy of the bulletin, and told them to circle all the vowels, or certain consonants, or words that began with a certain letter.  Once they started reading they brought books.

Now that I understand that God looks at my heart, it motivates me to use my Spiritual gifts in and out of the church, which I am blessed to do in my volunteer work at the agency as well as the church's food pantry.

God bless.
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active