Stressed and need prayer

prairie-dog-girl
on 9/26/12 11:22 am
Hi everyone. I told my boss a few weeks ago I would be taking a medical leave starting on my day of surgery, 10-29-12, giving her 7 weeks notice. I only need to give 30 days..I told her as soon as I got a date.I was told since it was non emergency and another employee is on leave( maybe coming back 10-8) it was not appproved right now.I sent her a couple e-mails in the last couple weeks about it ,no response. I was sent  a work schedule( e-mail) showing I was starting leave10-29,followed by a revised one the next day,showing I wasn't with no explanation.She came to my work area a few days ago, I said "HI" and was ignored.I haven't cancelled the 10-29 surgery yet,hoping it will work out and also because they will ask me when I can reschedule and I don''t know.I've worked for my corporation for 35 years,but, only at this job 6 months, with a new boss.I seem to be on the bad list.A friend suggested going to a higher up maqnager,but, I don't want to make waves or enemies.I realize my boss may not know for sure when the other employee is coming back, but, at least respond,even if it's "I don't know".It was also announced today, layoff's start next  week.I'm trying not to stress too much about all this and keep praying,but, today the bariatric nurse called asking me to please take a cancellation for next Tuesday  and I started crying. I told her I may not even be able to do the 10-29 if my leave isn't approved or I have no job.I know I just have to pray and wait,but,today was a bad day and I'm asking everyone to pray! Thanks!!!!!!!
Patricia R.
on 9/26/12 1:25 pm - Perry, MI
Sweetie,
Take some very deep breaths, and blow them out through your mouth very slowly.  I understand.  I have been there many times, and totally understand.

Let me remind you of some very important Truths about what is going on in your life right now.  First, God loves you very, very much.  No matter what happens, His love never ends.  Second, He knows about every single detail of what you posted about your job and the surgery.  He's known all along.  Third, God has this matter in His hands, along with every single detail of your life, inside and out.  Fourth, He will take care of working things out for good.  It may not seem good right now, but it will work out.  Romans promises that.  Fifth, He will provide for you and your family, no matter what happens with the job and layoffs.  I know it's hard to believe, or accept some, or all of these things.  But, trust me.  Everything I have said it true.  I have experienced all of it, including when it came to getting my surgery done.  God worked out all the details in His time for His glory.

I had a rather emotionally stressful day today.  Nothing as big as the scheduling of surgery and possibly losing me job.  But, I am glad that God loves me and that He has things under His control.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 9/26/12 2:42 pm - Vancouver, WA
Well Trish covered it all pretty well so I'll just send you a big  and verify that everything she said is true. We will be praying for you!
prairie-dog-girl
on 9/27/12 9:38 am
Thanks!  I'd posted a while ago about the last 5/6  years of my life being one bad thing after another.My very healthy husband became ill, more ill, disabled,no income for 2 1/2 years, bankruptcy, forclosure, just to name a few.Through it all,God worked a lot of things out in amazing ways. I do have faith, I'm just tired.Every time I think things will calm down, something else  happens.I wanted to have this surgery 6 years ago,but, with everything else going on,it wasn't possible.It's just been weighing on me( no pun intended) that I can't keep putting my health on the backburner.It's vitally important that I try to be as healthy as possible, as I'm the only one working and providing insurance for the family.I know God has already worked it out,I'm just worn out and don't take the stress as well as I used to.Thanks for your  prayers!
Linda B.
on 9/28/12 5:08 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
Well I'm new to this forum, but saw your post and thought I'd chime in. You are most likely covered under FMLA. If your company falls under those regulations, I would contact HR. I would even explore the date next week, if you fall under FMLA, they really can't refuse you with an off-work order from the Dr. If you were able to get in next week, then you for sure would still have your insurance. Just a thought from someone who always has to hang up those legal notices in the breakroom.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

prairie-dog-girl
on 9/28/12 9:40 am
I am covered under FMLA,but, they have the right to approve or deny non-emergency medical leaves .As much as I would like my sleeve to be an emergency, (is to me!!!) that's not what it is .Supposedly the employee on medical is coming back  10-8.If I don't get answer by 10-14, I will be going higher up .Also ,by my 10-29 surgery date, the employee  that is off,will have been off 14 weeks .I wish no ill will to this employee,but, aftermore than  12 weeks ,supposedly your job is gone.I just  wish management would be professional and courteous enough to not ignore e-mails or change schedules with no explanations.Thanks to all!
prairie-dog-girl
on 11/6/12 8:48 am

Just to update- I did have my sleeve 10-29.As the procedure started the doctor found and repaired  a large hiatial hernia.The bad news was a I woke in recovery with an elephant on my chest which lasted 24 hours and made me wish I were dead.The doctor told me that  for some, hiatial hernia repair + GERD =chest pain. The good news is I had no incisional pain at at all and the doctor feels the repair may end the GERD.I'm still having some chest pain with swallowing,but, much much better.I'm not having any problems getting my protein and liquids in. I weighed 225 day of surgery from high weight of  280, so I was happy about that. I weight 226 today, I know it;s fluid weight. I'm not really sure when the  I'll get under DOS weight,but, I know I'll get there .God is good! Thanks for all your prayers!

Most Active